autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Carpro's Eraser

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carpro's Eraser

Quote Originally Posted by Harleyguy View Post
    Ron I use it all the time and very happy with the result's I agree it's kinda expensive but I do like the way it leaves the paint especially when I use Opti-Coat .Corey did a great review on it I have to look for the link if you can't find the review .
    Thanks Adam, must have missed it, only found Mark's thread and it got locked.

Quote Originally Posted by Twister View Post
    I've used and liked it a lot. I haven't tried diluting it yet though. Works well and the towel glides across the paint when you wipe. I think it cleaned the polishing oils really well
    Thanks Twister, going to pull the trigger.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Have you tried cutting it 1:1?
    Nope. I swear I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but I'd rather spend a little more money and use it how it was designed, than cut corners to save a buck and jeopardize my final results.

Post Thanks / Like

I really like it. It makes the towel glide, removes all the oils and left over polish, and on top of that it smells nice too.

I haven't tried mixing it 1:1, but I will next time I use it and see how it does.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flannigan View Post
    It just dries and leaves streaks, almost like if you use a spray wax in the sun, except worse I think. What I do is spread it with one towel that is already damp with the product, and then buff it off with another dry towel, just like a spray wax/sealant.

Cuts through just about anything I've thrown at it, even caked on M105
    Nope. I swear I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but I'd rather spend a little more money and use it how it was designed, than cut corners to save a buck and jeopardize my final results.
    My thoughts exactly, thanks Dave! I'm still holding out hope for a 5L jug even though it was stated it won't happen.
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Post Thanks / Like

I was interested in the 1:1 ratio not because of cost, but because some are saying that Eraser contains 30% alcohol and could cause the paint to swell. I've been using IPA at 50/50 for years with no problem, but maybe I've been lucky.

Post Thanks / Like

Same reason. Optimum recommends 15% IPA before using Opti-Coat. Seemed easy enough to get there and it worked.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    I'm still holding out hope for a 5L jug even though it was stated it won't happen.
    So you like it that much? I respect your opinions Richard, I guess I'll get the 1 liter. What's your thoughts on paint swelling with IPA?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    My thoughts exactly, thanks Dave! I'm still holding out hope for a 5L jug even though it was stated it won't happen.
    Yeah, I wouldn't mind getting it in a bigger bottle. I got the 1000ml and one both cars i did this weekend I used about 250ml...so it does go pretty quickly.
    I was interested in the 1:1 ratio not because of cost, but because some are saying that Eraser contains 30% alcohol and could cause the paint to swell. I've been using IPA at 50/50 for years with no problem, but maybe I've been lucky.
    No worries, I've used straight IPA before (i didn't know better) and never had an issue either...so....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjlinane View Post
    Same reason. Optimum recommends 15% IPA before using Opti-Coat. Seemed easy enough to get there and it worked.
    Good to know that you are getting good results by cutting Eraser.

Post Thanks / Like

So you like it that much? I respect your opinions Richard, I guess I'll get the 1 liter. What's your thoughts on paint swelling with IPA?
    I love it Ron and would buy the 5 liter in a heartbeat. Like Dave said, this stuff does go fast. As for the paint swelling debate, you would know more than me as you are a more seasoned detailer. I have actually bought a few products based on your posts! In the past I have used IPA straight and never had swirls return. I tried cutting it (IPA) 25% per Mike's thread with decent results. Mark sent me some Griot's Pre-Wax Cleaner and I really like that as well but Eraser left the surface squeaky clean.
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast