autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2012 Black Acura RDX

Curious to hear what you think about the paint. My wife's 2011 Black RDX has a ridiculous amount of orange peel. So far I have just sealed it since it's new, but in the spring I'll take the Flex to it and see what happens. It does have some nice metal flake in the black....subtle...but nice. The orange peel just ruins it for me.

2011 Acura RDX - a set on Flickr

Have since Z-CS'd it to get thru winter.

Post Thanks / Like

Acura's OEM paint comes with alot of orange peel, however its not like body shop orange peel. I don't think there is enough layers to safely remove all of the orange peel to a flat surface. Me, personally, just have accepted the fact. Thats a VERY nice ride you got there. Is it new or used?

Two side notes...get the windows tinted...and where do you live? Wherever you live looks absolutely beautiful! Looks nice and peaceful!
    Alex
    ...."Do the right thing...even when no one is looking"

Post Thanks / Like

Acuras paint as said is soft as butter...

I have found that the meguiars MF kit works well...I prefer BFWD as the sealant and have really liked it topped with Pinnacle SSII...I have also used AGHD but preferred the shine of the Pinnacle...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alko View Post
    Acura's OEM paint comes with alot of orange peel, however its not like body shop orange peel. I don't think there is enough layers to safely remove all of the orange peel to a flat surface. Me, personally, just have accepted the fact. Thats a VERY nice ride you got there. Is it new or used?

Two side notes...get the windows tinted...and where do you live? Wherever you live looks absolutely beautiful! Looks nice and peaceful!

Yeah, I realize I won't get rid of the orange peel. It's my wifes car and she doesn't seem to care as long as I can shine it up a little once in awhile. She bought it brand new in June of this year. It is a pretty nice ride. She went from a 15mpg MDX down to this, a FWD only RDX which is getting in the mid 20's mpg. Being turbo and 2wd drive, it's very fast off the line. Must be a very small turbo as it spools up insanely quick. Hard to drive without chirping the tires, and on a related note, it's absolutely horrible in the snow. We live in the Waterbury area of CT and during the Halloween weekend N'oreaster she got stuck and I had to go rescue her. Have since put snow tires on it, but fortunately she doesn't normally have to commute when the weather is bad. It's got 10k miles on it now....she drives alot....and the paint will need a refresh in the spring. Her commuting and hauling the kids to football practice has already marred the paint in alot of places. Gotta love black paint.

P.S. We had the windows tinted later in summer. Looks much better now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12