autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

How did i get so confused!?!?!? Help plz!

Ok with thanksgiving coming up i have a 4 day weekend.... im ready fir a full detail on my DD again, i keep up on her as much as possible so im interested in trying to see how much shine i can get out of BMW white,
    There are a few scratches that will need wet sanding so i will take care of that then its time to wear the gears off my PC!!!!
    Menz SIP then i have Menz 106.... ive seen everyone talking about Menz 85.... then i saw the finishing glaze and i was thinking about picking up a bottle of 85 and the glaze, will i see an improvement i know there are no abrasives in the glaze but i think it would he good for maintenance (since we are talking DD) and under the description says sonething about the oils enriching the paint....should a glaze with a jeweling pad... can i use the 6.5 gold pad without changing counter weight? I have some CG 50/50 and jetseal was going to use that but then i thought opti coat.... damnit im confused..... so if you had 200$ to spend already having SIP and 106nano... i have orange pad, white pad, red
    pad, jetseal cg 50/50, where would you put your money for an INSANE shine..... keeping in mind i live in NY so winter durability..... and i have no problem washing her every other day to keep salt at bay. (Gotta love rinseless wash)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How did i get so confused!?!?!? Help plz!

I'd forget all that other stuff 106FA finishes down as nicely as 85rd. I'd go for something like some iron x, and dg 601/105, or collinite 845

maybe get some 501 for general paint cleaning

if you're really itching to spend all that dough then you'd do better to get a 5.5 inch pad setup for use on the pc but if your pads are still new then I get that you want to use them.

You could always get some OC to put on your rims after a full decon. BMW's have insane brake dust. If you are going to be swapping out for winter rims then now's the time to do it.
    I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
    ~Tim

Post Thanks / Like

Thx, ive got just about all of that, and i swapped my pads for akibono creamics... so far less dusting in 2 weeks than in 2 days with bmw pads... (literally), thanks alot for your input i guess im trying for a show car shine on a DD... not worth the effort because ill never be able to keep it up

Post Thanks / Like

I would go with what you already have, The SIP for any major defects, 106 to finish, jet seal and wax after that(maybe 2 coats of jet seal). I personally would swap any sealant over jet seal but since you have it(durability issues for me).
    For winter I pwould top with some 845 and use the 50/50 for better weather. I do not think you'll get much out of 85rd on white especially in winter with road gunk, I use it on dark colors black/grey pad 5.5 to 6 on a PC.
    Personally just buy the 845 and save the rest of the money for summmer time adventires in detailing.

Post Thanks / Like

For brightening up and removing minor swirls and scratches Menzerna Super Finish PO106FA will work wonders. When used with a white then gray foam pad you'll be surprised how clear and glossy the finish will be.

If you don't already have a dual action polisher then take a look..

Polisher & Pads

For durability through a long winter I'd suggest adding a quality sealant then top it off with a great wax like Collinite 845...

I don't have any experience with Chemical Guys Jet-Seal but it's supposed to be a quality product.

Sealants

Wax

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Alright, i can see that. I have the 845 already too..... sounds like i may be saving some money for that flex!!!!