autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Spray Wax vs Quick Detailer

What's the difference between a spray wax, & a quick detail spray? They both add shine/gloss, & protection.

For example Mequiars claim:
    Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax features Meguiars Hydrophobic Polymer Technology to give your vehicle’s paint unparalleled protection and gloss.
    Meguiars Ultimate Quik Detailer bridges the gap between washing and waxing with a unique hydrophobic formula that repels water, withstands multiple car washes, and adds additional protection to the finish.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Spray Wax vs Quick Detailer

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    What's the difference between a spray wax, & a quick detail spray? They both add shine/gloss, & protection.

Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax features Meguiars Hydrophobic Polymer Technology to give your vehicle’s paint unparalleled protection and gloss.
    Meguiars Ultimate Quik Detailer bridges the gap between washing and waxing with a unique hydrophobic formula that repels water, withstands multiple car washes, and adds additional protection to the finish.
    A spray wax normally does not clean, but protects only. A quick detailer cleans light dust and adds a little protection. Most QD's will only last for a few days. You should not use a spray wax on a slightly dirty car.

Post Thanks / Like

A spray wax will add more protection than a QD. I don't think of QD's as much protection at all. I use them for drying aids or a touch up after a drive.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't compare the two in terms of protection. UQW yes, but not sure about the QD.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post

I found that Meguiar's UQW has a very good filling ability to hide swirl marks.
    Also, I have tried to use UQW to remove minor dust and water spots that dried during washing.

I have both but UQW is all I use now.
    Exotic Auto Detail trade review / feedback:
    Think twice if you're going to trade with ExoticAutoDetai.

Post Thanks / Like

Quick Detailers have the ability to dissolve and remove light contaminates from the finish leaving it clean and shinny. Some have "gloss enhancers" but I think most of the shine comes from the sealant or wax already there.

Spray wax doesn't clean and will remove only light dust particles. The will temporarily seal in anything left but do add a layer of protection to boost the longevity of the sealant or wax..

My take on it anyway...

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    A spray wax normally does not clean, but protects only. A quick detailer cleans light dust and adds a little protection. Most QD's will only last for a few days. You should not use a spray wax on a slightly dirty car.

Perfect explanation and also a tip I'm planning on sharing in a segment we're taping today on Dave's 1955 Classic Chevy Truck. Won't know for sure till I see the condition of the paint on his truck but that's what's penciled in for his segment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    Quick Detailers have the ability to dissolve and remove light contaminates from the finish leaving it clean and shinny. Some have "gloss enhancers" but I think most of the shine comes from the sealant or wax already there.

Spray wax doesn't clean and will remove only light dust particles. The will temporarily seal in anything left but do add a layer of protection to boost the longevity of the sealant or wax..

My take on it anyway...
    agreed and QD is kinda of an all purpose lube/solution for other things - I use it as a lubricant sometimes when I've compounded the surface dry and want some additional work time, or to clean up a spill, remove bird droppings or hand prints where I've leaned on the car, kinda like a "super water" for detailing.

Megs Quik wax and DG Aquawax (love this!) right after I wash, just want to enhance gloss and extend the LSP a bit....
    Glen -

Post Thanks / Like

My usage is...

Clean Car -> Spray Wax

Dirty Car -> Quick Detailer

Another thing I use Quick Detailer for is on the nose of my Corvette before every drive. The nose tends to attract a lot of bugs on the backroads I drive on, so my adding the QD before driving they slide right off with a soaking wet microfiber towel after returning.

Post Thanks / Like

lately as more products come out certainly it appears to blur the line between the two. I still call most qd'ers+

Scott

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast