autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Spray Wax vs Quick Detailer

Bump

After I dry my truck with a synthetic chamois after washing, I use Megs D155 Last Touch. I then either use Megs Ultimate Quik Wax (the spray) or whatever wax i am using. Is it necessary to use the D155 before the Spray wax? I find sometime I get water spotting after drying so the QD fixes that, but i then end up having to use the D155 after the spray or regular wax.....in short it adds more time to an already long process.

Post Thanks / Like

The boundaries are significantly blurred with QDs. Certainly our experience is that the prices now charged with many QDs means that our niche customers (the ones who aren't trying to break you over a couple of cents!) can have some pretty special products for QDs. I cannot speak for all bit we have budget QDs which lubricate and clean a bit and leave a good shine, we have QDs which then add a bit of protection and you can get weeks of beading out of them and then we have QDs which will outperform many spray sealants. Again, I cannot comment for others but I know that some of the products our customers sell, if used on a monthly basis, would totally eliminate the need for any additional wax or sealant step.

As noted elsewhere with regards to the newer sealant type products, you can do an awful lot with the modern technologies!

Post Thanks / Like

I have both.
    Use the spray wax after a full wash and QD for removing light dust and finger prints.
    QD is much easier to work with, less buffing.

Spray wax helps protect your LSP IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

I use M135, M34 and D156.

M135, Mirror Glaze Synthetic Spray detailer.

D156, Detailers Express Spray Wax.

Then I also use M34 Finial Inspection.

I use M135 a lot and it really adds to the shine.

I use D156 as a drying aid, spray on while the car is still wet and then dry. Leaves an awesome finish.

Post Thanks / Like

Forgive me if I missed it, but there are spray waxes that are not just "booster" waxes, but offer stand alone protection. There are also lots of spray waxes that act more as a booster.

While quick detailers often do add some protection, they are more designed as a method to remove light dust and because of their great lubricity, work well as clay lubricants.

I have been using XMT Final Finish quick detailer as a drying aid every time I wash my car. As I wipe down the final water spots, I spritz the qd over and wipe down and it leave a slick spot free finish and also aids in preventing any scratches as it adds lubricity to the cloth.

I use XMT Spray Wax about once a month to boost the protection already on the car. They both work the same, wipe on and wipe off.

I have used Meguiars Ultimate Spray Wax and it works well. Megs NXT Spray wax though was HORRENDOUS!!! It needed to dry to a haze and then was very difficult to remove.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12