autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Streaking Colonite 845

Anyone have a problem with 845 streaking? I have used it twice now and have had problems with it streaking. They are kind of hard to see but at the right angle there are streaks that look like darker swirls where it was applied. I tried it with a new red pad on 3 setting and with a MF aplicator by hand with the same steaking results. Could it be from a layer of sealant under neath? First one was with WGPS topped by 845 and the second was OS with 845 topper both on darker colored metalics.

Post Thanks / Like
    A little bit, but I usually just go over it with UWW+ and its good to go.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Streaking Colonite 845

only issue I have had with it was from it not being put on thin enough, it goes on so thin I felt like I was not using any at all, then it was just right.

Post Thanks / Like

for some reason i have always had good luck useing the yellow foam aplicators with 845,never used 845 with a da yet.it seems to me with the yellow foam/845 once its primed up it will stretch real good.and i hate those yellow pads but it works sweet

Post Thanks / Like

I usually use 845 by hand with a MF pad but as john b have used a yellow foam pad with good results also. As said above the key is very thin application. If you feel your not using enough then you have it about right. Once primed a little does goes a very long way. I have gotten streaks from to heavy an application. I am still amazed at how long a bottle lasts! I would also recommend a second application especially on light colored cars to avoid any missed spots. Light color and very thin application makes it very hard to see even after it's hazed up. For machine use I prefer the 476, lasts longer and has a higher carnuba content but a little bit more effort involved. On the other hand just like the 845 a little goes a long way and does not soak into a foam pad as much as the 845.

Post Thanks / Like

I've gotten streaks from 845, and it's due to one (or both) of two reasons - I either applied it too thickly, or I removed it before it had fully dried (this can happen if it's a hot, humid day - the top portion dries quickly, but the rest of the wax isn't fully dried yet). Try and give it a few more minutes to dry before removing, see if that works.

Post Thanks / Like

I had streaking with 845 on one occassion and i believe it was a combo of high air temp and not allowing enough time to dry. it only streaked on the side of the car that was exposed to the sun and i did not allow a very long time for the product to haze

FWIW i apply 845 with my PC and a red pad. If by hand i use a yellow foam applicator. but i feel i get it to lay thinner with the DA