autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Compatible with Griot's products

I know that Griot's makes their products compatible, and for the most part I am happy with the results I get with most of their stuff. I am not crazy about their sealant, and would like to try something that has a little more "pop". Has anyone had any experience using a sealant and then using Griot's products to maintain the finish? I am considering Wolfgang 3.0. Any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Compatible with Griot's products

I use Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant and it definitely will add the pop you desire. No need to top with carnuba because the shine is already very pure. I use Speed Shine as a QD once in a while and it's not a problem with the WDGPS. If you're using Griot's polishes, you won't have a problem topping with WDGPS.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Griot's Spray On wax on WGDGPS and it looks great. What Griot's products were you wondering about using with DGPS?
    I didn't notice any more "pop" with the Wolfgang than I did with the Griot's sealant, but the Griot's sealant was much more durable and no water spots. The Griot's is going to be my winter sealant this year.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, thats good to hear. I currently use the spray on wax and speed shine, they both seem to keep the finish longer. I used the sealant on an older car (admittedly I didn't let it cure long enough). I recently saw a black corvette that had the WGPS on it and it looked amazing so I wanted to give it a try. The owner said that he put wolfgangs on, then a coat of carnuba over top the next day. Seems like overkill, but if it gets that result it will be worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

I just finished off a bottle of the Griot's Sealant and after trying a sample of the Wolfgang 3.0 sealant I am now switching over to Wolfgang. There is a substantial difference in appearance (Wolfgang has more of a glow on my red car), IMO, and the Wolfgang is MUCH easier to remove after application. The Griot's has been a total pain in the butt to remove lately, no matter how thinly I apply it.

+1 for the Wolfgang

Post Thanks / Like

I am a huge Griots fan. Their sealant is not as impressive looking as DGPS, but, more durable IMO. I use the Griots on my daily drivers and the DGPS on my garage queen.

Honestly, the paint preparation makes more of a difference than the product you are applying.
    Kevin
    Griots Garage 6in ROP, 3in ROP, pneumatic 3in polisher
    Flex 3401, Porter Cable PC7424 (the old non-XP model).