autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Junior Member Mike@DistinctImage's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Collinite Waxes - Is there really any difference between them?

Hi guys

I know this has been discussed before to some extent, but I've searched through the forum with no luck. My question is, is there really any difference between the three Collinite carnauba waxes 845, 476, and 915. I am looking to get 845 as it is easier to apply than 476 but long term I definitely want to get my hands on some 915. 915 supposedly has more carnauba content but other detailing forums have stated that visibly there is no difference between them, even going so far as to say Collinite themselves view 915 as the same just packaged differently (I'm not sure of this just something I saw)

So does anyone have any experience with all 3? Any suggestions or help with this will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Collinite Waxes - Is there really any difference between them?

2. What’s the difference between the auto waxes; No. 845 Insulator Wax, No. 476s Super Double Coat and the No. 915 Marque D’ Elegance?

All 3 last step waxes serve the same function: to provide a high gloss carnauba shine and lasting protection. All 3 contain copious amounts of wax-both rare Brazilian carnauba and premium synthetic polymers. However, their degree of durability, ease of use, and warmth of shine vary. Think of it this way;
    1. No.476s – most durable protection/weather defense. Most elbow grease required during application.
    2. No. 915- 2nd most durable and slightly easier than the 476s to apply/remove. No. 915 lends our warmest shine to dark tones like navy and black due to its highest concentration of rare carnauba.
    3. No. 845- easiest of the 3 to apply/remove with slightly less durability than the No. 915.

Keep um clean and shinning!

The Fussman

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with the Fussman!! I've never used 915 but he is spot on with the other two. 476 is more durable but requires more elbow grease. Where 845 is easier to apply but doesn't last as long. THe only tip I have is wtih 476 only do a couple of panels at time. This will help making removal easier.

Chubs

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your input guys. I've read before that 915 has the highest carnauba concentration of the 3, but have you ever put all three next to each other on a panel and seen a difference in depth and reflectivity? I've used 476s vs 845 and seen that 845 is definitely better for reflectivity and wetness.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

#915 looks better than the other 2 on dark paint. I used this exclusively before discovering Opti Coat...and I could get 6 months out of it in the harsh northeast winters. The problem with 915...is that if you are an experimenter or somebody that likes to freshen your car up every couple of months...then this probably isn't for you...because it doesn't come off easily, and it would be a pain to keep stripping it off long before its useful life has been realized.

Best suited to daily drivers with long durability as the goal.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input everyone! Think I'll get my hands on some 915 in the coming months for darker vehicles I work on, otherwise it's Colly 845 ftw!

Thanks,

Mike