autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Carnuba based products before use of BFWD?

I was planning on putting on some Blackfire Wet Diamond soon, but had a question about it. Usually I will apply Poorboys Carnuba Blue Polish before using my LSP, since it works well as an actual paint cleaner and glaze for darker vehicles. Since the Poorboys Polish is said to contain some carnuba in it, should this affect the bonding or durability of BFWD? It'd seem like a waste of using the PBs polish if this is the case. Or is it fine to apply a product with carnuba before using a sealant?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carnuba based products before use of BFWD?

Quote Originally Posted by 05RLS2 View Post
    I was planning on putting on some Blackfire Wet Diamond soon, but had a question about it. Usually I will apply Poorboys Carnuba Blue Polish before using my LSP, since it works well as an actual paint cleaner and glaze for darker vehicles. Since the Poorboys Polish is said to contain some carnuba in it, should this affect the bonding or durability of BFWD? It'd seem like a waste of using the PBs polish if this is the case. Or is it fine to apply a product with carnuba before using a sealant?
    Good question..my guess is that BF needs clean paint to bond to. You can probably get an answer on Autopia.

Post Thanks / Like

A sealant on top of carnuba won't bond. Get some griots paint cleaner. It's put on after polishing but before LSP. If you want the paint completely clean and stripped of everything griots paint prep is the ticket.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Well good to know before I decided to use both. I guess it'd be kind of a waste then to use the Poorboys Carnuba Blue Polish then since it will just reduce the durability of BFWD, and using something like the Griots cleaner will just remove it anyways.

Will using something like Poorboys Black Hole be a beter idea to use then pre BFWD, since it is not really carnuba based, or does BFWD require a totally clean surface with nothing else applied prior?

Post Thanks / Like

Will using something like Poorboys Black Hole be a beter idea to use then pre BFWD, since it is not really carnuba based, or does BFWD require a totally clean surface with nothing else applied prior?
    Poorboy's Black Hole is a glaze. Glazes temporarily fill minor imperfections and do not last long at all. If you're applying Poorboy's Black Hole according to direction, once it's dry BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond can be applied over it without issue.

Once buffed to a nice glossy finish, allow BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond to cure overnight in a dry environment then apply BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun as a last step product.

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Umm, why don't you just polish out the swirls so you don't have to hide them? It's probably just as easy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    Poorboy's Black Hole is a glaze. Glazes temporarily fill minor imperfections and do not last long at all. If you're applying Poorboy's Black Hole according to direction, once it's dry BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond can be applied over it without issue.

Once buffed to a nice glossy finish, allow BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond to cure overnight in a dry environment then apply BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun as a last step product.
    Sounds like a no go then on the Black Hole

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetal View Post
    Umm, why don't you just polish out the swirls so you don't have to hide them? It's probably just as easy.
    Due to the fact that it's just light micromrring from washing and from being driven, it's not noticeable enough to really bother with right now on a frequently driven car. I don't really care about the fact of covering anything up, I'd just like to get a clean surface and remove as many contaminants without using clay.

Do you all think that the P21s Paintwork Cleaner is a better use pre BFWD? I don't believe it has any kind of waxes in it to my knowledge, anyone else know for sure?

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a no go then on the Black Hole
    No necessarily but understand the products purpose prior to using it. All glazes are temporary but they're available because folks use them.

Do you all think that the P21s Paintwork Cleaner is a better use pre BFWD? I don't believe it has any kind of waxes in it to my knowledge, anyone else know for sure?
    A paint cleanser is the minimum you should use prior to applying a sealant or wax but before using a cleaner be sure to thoroughly clay the surface..

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

I found that Blackfire also makes a pre cleaner polish that can be used prior to BFWD, Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish. So I will probably give this combo a try. Has anyone tired this polish and could tell me if they found it to be avbrasive at all or not?

Also, if anyone has tried the Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish and Blackfire Wet Diamond together, what kind of durability are you seeing?

Post Thanks / Like

I found that Blackfire also makes a pre cleaner polish that can be used prior to BFWD, Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish. So I will probably give this combo a try. Has anyone tired this polish and could tell me if they found it to be avbrasive at all or not?

Also, if anyone has tried the Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish and Blackfire Wet Diamond together, what kind of durability are you seeing?
    I'm curious as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast