autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 105 / 205 = wow

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 105 / 205 = wow

very hard. It takes 6+ hours to do a car with a machine

it took Mike Phillips a few hours to do a hood and he's a pro
    I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
    ~Tim

Post Thanks / Like

I like this combo ^^

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 07 z-oh-6 View Post
    Some say UC has close to the cut of M105. I find M105 to have a good amount more cut than UC.

Only plus to UC is that it doesn't dust nearly as much. Other then that, M105 is a fantastic compound.

Post Thanks / Like

finaly was able to get pictures of the befor and after from the car i was talkin about when i started this thread. here you go!

Befor 1

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

BEFORE 2

KIND OF A SIDE BY SIDE.

VERY BOTTOM OF THE PICTURE IS THE AFTER LOL :/

AFTER - 1

AFTER - REFLECTION SHOT

OF course products used pc7424xp m105/205 followed by Wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant

and this car was buffed befor using UC/Swirl x uc and swirl x didnt seem to touch it but even how bad that looks the befors that is. that was 80% better than it was now its like perfect!

Post Thanks / Like

WOW is right!

What a tremendous difference in the before and after! The swirls and slight scratches are now a memory and an absolutely stunning shine!

Awesome job and thanks for posting some photos!

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

thanks bobby finally im satisfied with the results was getting frustrating but finally left the OTC products behind and now im getting what i always wanteD! im happy specialy sense its only truly my second detail using a machine ever i did tests on our ranger cause its a beater but that doesnt count haha

Mike Phillips

Excellent work and thank you for taking the time to capture and then share your before and after pictures.

You've been at this ever since we met on the YouTube - ‪autogeek's Channel‬‏ channel and it's been very rewarding following your progress all the way to your successful results.

Very good job!

Just to jog my memory... you're new to machine polishing correct?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Excellent work and thank you for taking the time to capture and then share your before and after pictures.

You've been at this ever since we met on the - ‪autogeek's Channel‬‏ channel and it's been very rewarding following your progress all the way to your successful results.

Very good job!

Just to jog my memory... you're new to machine polishing correct?

yes this is only my 2nd full overhaul with a machine ever. by far the hardest "that was possible to get the extremely nice resaults " the other car aka the test car ford ranger is my practice subject. if i wana bring it back (orange peel . badddd swirls etc etc) id have to wet sand it. which i plan to do eventually like i said its nice cause its an old beater so if i screw up it doesnt matter gonna go to the junk yard anyways so its perfect to learn to wet sand on and if we have it long enough ill be stepping up to a rotary eventually and ill get my skills honed in on that (my car my picture.. doesnt count cause ive been taking car of that sense day one and it only had verrrry minor defects)

Post Thanks / Like

Gail XXXX "He made a car that was parked for six years in a driveway near a ride on bus stop look new!!" one response to the car lol we got it after my grandparents passed. it sat in there drive way for 6 years never moved had alot of grit etc built up on it. that someone washed off which probly caused all those horrible defects .... but we got it first thing i did was give it another wash. and clayd it and waxed it "at this time i didnt have any machine or products for the defects so i figured id might aswell protect it untill i got the stuff to fix it with. and well the pictures say the rest

Post Thanks / Like

Low working time and high dust are the cons of 105/205, however they're the peanut butter and jelly in my polish arsenal. Use them with the new MF pads and you won't be dissapointed. The only product I dare to try and replace 105 with is Optimum Compound II, it has far less dusting and about the same correction for a compound.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.