autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OPC replacement

Post Thanks / Like

OPC replacement

i tried ordering a gallon of OPC but it is on back order so i was looking for some opinions on what would be a good replacement for OPC. looking for something that works just as good and can be used on everything like OPC.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: OPC replacement

Quote Originally Posted by detailgod View Post
    i tried ordering a gallon of OPC but it is on back order so i was looking for some opinions on what would be a good replacement for OPC. looking for something that works just as good and can be used on everything like OPC.
    Meg's APC+ is a good alternative. However, Meg's does not suggest using it even close to as strong on paint as you can OPC. Generally speaking, you can use OPC un-diluted on anything, but the strongest you'll want to use APC+ is 4:1(64:1 or something like that on paint).
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 07 z-oh-6 View Post
    Meg's APC+ is a good alternative. However, Meg's does not suggest using it even close to as strong on paint as you can OPC. Generally speaking, you can use OPC un-diluted on anything, but the strongest you'll want to use APC+ is 4:1(64:1 or something like that on paint).
    thanks. i was thinking the same product but was hoping i would have gotten more options or atleast more suggestion for APC+. oh well it is ordered now. lol

Post Thanks / Like

I use apc+ but I always do a test spot on leather. Sometimes it pulls the color out.

Post Thanks / Like

Because Mark raves about Optimum Power Clean I ordered a gallon of it yesterday and it's past of my shipment that's in route...

I don't think I'll be disappointed....

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Although I've never used Megs APC to strip paint (if I use an APC type cleaner on paint I use P21S TAW), but according to Mike Phillips and Jason Rose it is safe to do so. Here is an excerpt from an email from Mike about a year or two ago. This is a quote from Mike;

I don't know the dilution levels for other APC's only Meguiar's as I had to get this from Jason Rose accuracy reasons... You can use either APC or APC+ to remove or strip car waxes and paint sealants from your car's paint. This is technically for what's called de-waxing but the same principals apply to removing any unwanted film or residual polishing oils off the surface for inspection.

64:1 for a regular car wax type products
    20:1 for hi-tech polymer type products

It's also recommended to chemically strip paint before damp-sanding to insure not chemicals sand off and load-up or contaminate your paper or discs.

It's a good idea to test any product on any coating if you've never worked on it before and you're unfamiliar with it.

Maybe this will help to clear up some of the confusion of; "Is megs paint safe or not"? Hope this helps someone...BTW Megs APC+ has never not let me down, or not performed what I've asked of it...and yes I do have a couple gallons of OPC too , and yes OPC also works very well and has never let me down either...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    Because Mark raves about Optimum Power Clean I ordered a gallon of it yesterday and it's past of my shipment that's in route...

I don't think I'll be disappointed....
    you must have grabbed the last gallon. lmao

Post Thanks / Like

anyone actually use apc+ on their car paint? would love to use it for bugs!

Post Thanks / Like

i am sure you could-if in doubt email megs-there one of the companies like optimum that will replie back very fast-just like ag

Post Thanks / Like

yeah i was asking since i saw the post 2 posts above stating it can be used on paint.

I don't know the dilution levels for other APC's only Meguiar's as I had to get this from Jason Rose accuracy reasons... You can use either APC or APC+ to remove or strip car waxes and paint sealants from your car's paint. This is technically for what's called de-waxing but the same principals apply to removing any unwanted film or residual polishing oils off the surface for inspection.

64:1 for a regular car wax type products
    20:1 for hi-tech polymer type products

It's also recommended to chemically strip paint before damp-sanding to insure not chemicals sand off and load-up or contaminate your paper or discs.

It's a good idea to test any product on any coating if you've never worked on it before and you're unfamiliar with it.
    irfan
    laughing is the cure for all!
    jeepgarage.org

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast