autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: costco microfiber towels

I bought a similar pack at Sam's Club back before I knew anything about paint correction. I continue to use them and have had no problems with them what so ever. Even after I corrected my paint, I've notice no scratches from them. They did have some lint on them at first, but a quick trip to the washing maching took care of that!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ride5150 View Post
    yeah if they scratch then ill reserve them for interiors, but they seem really soft and plush, i doubt theyll scratch. maybe my costco is one of the good ones:P

heres a question, what do you guys wash your microfibers with? the specialzed MF stuff or something like oxiclean?

is oxiclean safe on your foam pads too?

and do you throw all of your microfibers in the same wash together, (the ones used for exterior to buff wax and etc, and the ones for the interior), or do you wash some seperately to prevent any contamination?
    I picked up some MF specific detergent (Micro Restore) on an AG BOGO a while back. I've also used ALL (no fragrance variety). Haven't really noticed a difference between the two.

I wash all MF towels together and haven't had any issues. I do soak the extra dirty towels (the ones used to wiped tires, nooks and crannies) in a detergent/water solution before washing everything though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by termigator View Post
    I picked up some MF specific detergent (Micro Restore) on an AG BOGO a while back. I've also used ALL (no fragrance variety). Haven't really noticed a difference between the two.

I wash all MF towels together and haven't had any issues. I do soak the extra dirty towels (the ones used to wiped tires, nooks and crannies) in a detergent/water solution before washing everything though.
    I too use All Free Clear. Has no dye or perfumes in it. Works great for me!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by termigator View Post

Yup thats what I used to do, leave the dirty towels soaking in a buckets of cleaner before washing (I also used it with hot water), and the amount of crap and junk that comes off and floats or turns the water murky is crazy.
    The real WyStang:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12