autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Mequairs microfibre system

Good morning guys..

So one question and i hope its not silly..
    I read only good reviews about this products.So my question is..

Are suitable only for heavy swirls and scratches or can be used in all condition.

What about the speed.If i remember right you use it in speed 3-4 in your da?if you use it with more power?

And the last one .Can this replace all my compounds?

Ok Its not one question...Sorry for my bad engish

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mequairs microfibre system

the D300 compound is just a bit less aggressive than M105. Either used in conjunction with the cutting discs, would level paint fairly quickly with a DA.

And b/c those compounds are SMAT (super micro abrasive technology), they don't need to be broken down to finer particles so you can finish almost lsp ready with less passes if your swirls aren't very heavy.

I'm still waiting for my order so the pro's can chime in on speed, etc.

I just thought I'd post a bit of what I learned when researching the system and give your post a bump at the same time...

check out this thread when you have a moment:
    http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...mf-system.html

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by SPIROS ANTONIOU View Post
    Are suitable only for heavy swirls and scratches or can be used in all condition.
    All conditions with the caveat that at this time, Meguiar's, the manufacture recommends this system, that is pads and chemicals for factory paint, not re-paints.

What about the speed. If i remember right you use it in speed 3-4 in your da? if you use it with more power?
    Meguiar's recommends approximately 4800 OPM's on a dual action polisher like the Porter Cable, Megs G110v2 and Griot's Garage 6" ROP, (all the same "type" of tool).

From an excellent article by Mike Stoops at Meguiar's

Using Meguiar's D/A Microfiber Correction System

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stoops
    Now attach the cutting pad to the D/A and set the tool to 4800 opm. On the Meguiar’s G110v2 that is speed setting 4 – refer to your owners manual for the equivalent setting on your tool – you’re looking for 4800opm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stoops

Keep your tool speed set at 4800 opms for defect correction with the Correction Compound/Cutting Disc. If you need to alter your cut do so by either increasing pressure on the disc or by reducing your arm speed over the paint. Do not increase the tool speed! You can apply very heavy pressure and still allow for pad spin, which is critical, and the pressure increase can dramatically increase the cutting ability of the combination.

Keep your tool speed set at 3800 opms for application of the Finishing Wax. You can move fairly quickly over the paint surface during this step, but make sure to cover uniformly and completely. Being able to move quickly is not an invitation to be sloppy! Only light to moderate pressure is needed for application of the finishing wax.

If you use the pads at higher speeds for long periods of time you risk de-lamination between the hook and loop material and the foam interface. Besides that... the chemist were tasked with the goal of creating a system, that is the chemicals and pad material, to work at lower OPM.

Note OPM's are different than RPM's, a lot of people are scanners when they read so I like to point this out.

• OPM = Oscillations Per Minute
    • RPM = Rotations Per Minute

And the last one . Can this replace all my compounds?
    That depends upon the type of work you do and your expectations for finish quality. In a word, the answer is "no".

Read some more threads on the products and their intended market.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    All conditions with the caveat that at this time, Meguiar's, the manufacture recommends this system, that is pads and chemicals for factory paint, not re-paints.
    If a car has been an accident and a panel repainted, you can't use MF system on that panel? This could be awkward if you are unaware of the car's history.
    Doug
    2008 Audi A6 S-line

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dougaross View Post
    If a car has been an accident and a panel repainted, you can't use MF system on that panel? This could be awkward if you are unaware of the car's history.
    It's not that you can't use it, but it likely will not finish down as well as the OEM paint. I've had it work flawlessly on one repaint and then leave a micro marr mess on another.
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by dougaross View Post
    I'm confident Jason Rose and his team at Meguiar's took all factors including this one you point out into consideration.

A Professional and seasoned detailer will notice if there's a change in finish results between panels and if needed substitute the appropriate pad and product combo do finish the job right. This is another reason whey to have multiple products and pads in your arsenal.

A Newbie detailer will get on the job training... and of course we're always here to lend a helping cyber-hand...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    I'm confident Jason Rose and his team at Meguiar's took all factors including this one you point out into consideration.

A Professional and seasoned detailer will notice if there's a change in finish results between panels and if needed substitute the appropriate pad and product combo do finish the job right. This is another reason whey to have multiple products and pads in your arsenal.

A Newbie detailer will get on the job training... and of course we're always here to lend a helping cyber-hand...

Sometimes i wish to live in America for watching one of your seminars(and two and three)