autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What sealant do YOU like best

Quote Originally Posted by matt@autogeek.net View Post
    If you're here to discuss products/techniques, give advice, and help out fellow forum members, great! If you're here to cause drama and argue about car wax (which I can't begin to understand why) then please take it to PMs or another forum. Not naming names, you guys know who you are. If you feel that strongly about detailing products that you'll resort to insulting people, maybe you should just step away from the computer and go detail your car.

Matt
    You must have been reading my mind!!

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

I know this is kind of late but this would have made a great poll!!

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tomrzk View Post
    The thing i m curious with the 3.0 and the 45 min wait time Is, won't dust accumulate or just things floating in the are stick to the sealant then cause scratches?
    WGDGPS actually sets up/hazes pretty quickly. I normally just seal the entire car and stop for a soda break for about 20-30 minutes. It takes about 10 minutes to wipe down the car, so you have 20-30 break plus 15-20 minutes to apply, so you have your 30-45 minutes set up time like a typical wipe on and haze wax.

The paint surface gets incredibly slick so unless you are fighting a dust storm, you probably don't have to worry any more than any other wax/sealant. Personally, I try to work in my garage whenever possible to stay out of the wind, sun, and overflying birds and insects.

Clayed, polished paint with WGDGPS has the most incredible feel to it. Slick and smooth like velvet. So far my favorite, but there are still a few that I'll probably try over time.

Post Thanks / Like

Too many to choose, DG 501, FK 1000p, Bilt Hamber Autobalm, DP Poli-Coat, Opt Opti-Seal

Post Thanks / Like

Menz Power Lock - For ease of use.

Klasse High Gloss Sealant - For Durability and the Bling Factor (The wife loves the bling)

Post Thanks / Like

So there is only one mention for the Collinite #845. Sealant is fairly new to me and would like to try it out before the salt trucks hit the roads here in Southeast PA!!
    I was set on the 845 until this thread. Any comment on 845 or am I not comparing apples to apples?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Metzler View Post
    So there is only one mention for the Collinite #845. Sealant is fairly new to me and would like to try it out before the salt trucks hit the roads here in Southeast PA!!
    I was set on the 845 until this thread. Any comment on 845 or am I not comparing apples to apples?
    845 is indeed a great product....not a true sealant not a true wax....but a hybrid! Most ppl mentioned sealants only and thats why you prolly didn't see it come up but if u search a winter thread you will see it all over the place! 845 works great for winter protection, has a great look to it and is indeed a true value IMO!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Metzler View Post

Colli 845 really isn't a "sealant" as sealants go. It's actually a Carnuba Insulator Wax. It has long been known as an awesome LSP for winter protection. On my personal vehicles I chose to lay down 2 coats of WGDGPS, then about half through winter I will apply 2 coats of Colli 845...

Colli 845 would be a great choice by itself, or as a topper to a sealant for you to use before the salt trucks hit the roads in Southeast PA!!
    Signature Car Care... Authorized CQuartz Finest Installer
    http://www.signaturecarcare.com/
    "May the shine be with you" Uncle Stu

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DARK HORSE View Post
    Colli 845 really isn't a "sealant" as sealants go. It's actually a Carnuba Insulator Wax. It has long been known as an awesome LSP for winter protection. On my personal vehicles I chose to lay down 2 coats of WGDGPS, then about half through winter I will apply 2 coats of Colli 845...

Colli 845 would be a great choice by itself, or as a topper to a sealant for you to use before the salt trucks hit the roads in Southeast PA!!
    I did not buy any 845 yet so I am open for options. I was taking the 845 process wrong. I was thinking after the polish and IPA it would be time for 845 then wait a few days then top with sigII.
    Look like I had the wrong idea!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

WG DGPS 3.0 Also ^_^

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast