autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Quality Issues with Griot's Stuff?

I tried their best of show wax. While it does leave a great shine it is a bear to work with. The only other product I have tried of is the vinyl dressing and it is a good product.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't had any problems with any of their products, including their sprayers. While their products seem to work well, I haven't found any product that was a "must have"

Post Thanks / Like

I used 3 of the Griot's sprayers for the first time over the weekend. My only complaint is they drip. Try this; with the sprayer facing you, turn the nozzle adjustment all the way clockwise (closed). Then turn it counter- clockwise one quarter turn and adjust from there. I think all of mine were at less than a quarter turn open.

Post Thanks / Like

I've used Griot's products for some time now...not exclusively, but they have been uniformly excellent and at least the equal of any other brand I've tried. The only Griot's product I was less than completely happy with (though it was OK, just not as good as I expected), was their mag wheel polish, which is no longer available and has been replaced by another product.

As the others have stated, Griot's customer service is absolutely first class. Like Autogeek, they bend over backwards to make sure their customers are happy and want to keep coming back.

BTW - if you're using Griot's Best of Show Wax and say it's difficult to work with...you're using it wrong. It's meant to be put on very thin. If you're having problems working with it, you're applying it too thick and/or doing it in hot, humid weather. That's not uncommon with many quality carnauba waxes. If you're having that problem, simply spray it with some quick detailer and the streaking cleans right up.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a bunch of their micro fiber towels (blue, yellow and white) and they've all been through the wash many times and they're still like new. I have had problems with 2 of their sprayers (I have about 8) but that being said, I've had more problems with the DP sprayers which I only have a few of. I picked up some spray bottles at the local auto parts store for cheap and they work fine.

Overall I've been very happy with the Griot's products (Speed Shine is my favorite). I have the 3 & 6" DA's (2nd Gen), clay, polishes and waxes, towels, etc. As I run out of what I have, I'm sure I'll try some other product lines based on the reviews I see here.

Good luck.

Mike Phillips

Every product line will have its Stars and it's Dogs. Also, in all the years I've been posting to forums one thing I've noticed is that people are very different in their personal likes and dislikes...

A few years ago on CorvetteForum there were two threads by two different forum members and there's the title of the two threads...

Hate Meguiar's Gold Class Wax

Love Meguiar's Gold Class Wax
    Assuming both people were working on modern Corvettes, (which I think they were if my memory is correct), the only major differences would be,

• Condition of paint
    • Application method

Then besides that a common reason people are unhappy with a lot of waxes is because they apply to thick of a coat and then struggle with removing it and avoiding streaks.

But it demonstrated to me that identical products on similar cars, (paint types), will be perceived very differently by different people.

I have met Richard Griot and have a very good relationship with Steve Kovach at Griot's and they are both top notch people in this industry to work with.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TornadoRed View Post
    I used 3 of the Griot's sprayers for the first time over the weekend. My only complaint is they drip. Try this; with the sprayer facing you, turn the nozzle adjustment all the way clockwise (closed). Then turn it counter- clockwise one quarter turn and adjust from there. I think all of mine were at less than a quarter turn open.
    Tried that. Didn't work. The only time I got something resembling a spray is when I took the whole damn thing off. You are also correct with the comment regarding dripping.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Every product line will have its Stars and it's Dogs. Also, in all the years I've been posting to forums one thing I've noticed is that people are very different in their personal likes and dislikes...

A few years ago on CorvetteForum there were two threads by two different forum members and there's the title of the two threads...
    Hate Meguiar's Gold Class Wax

Love Meguiar's Gold Class Wax
    Assuming both people were working on modern Corvettes, (which I think they were if my memory is correct), the only major differences would be,

• Condition of paint
    • Application method

Then besides that a common reason people are unhappy with a lot of waxes is because they apply to thick of a coat and then struggle with removing it and avoiding streaks.

But it demonstrated to me that identical products on similar cars, (paint types), will be perceived very differently by different people.

I have met Richard Griot and have a very good relationship with Steve Kovach at Griot's and they are both top notch people in this industry to work with.

Thanks Mike. You are completely correct. As I said, I have no issues with the service at Griot's. My frustration is with the quality I have seen from their stuff after being told over and over again when I went to the store or called customer service that this stuff is top notch only to find that isn't the case. I know they will stand behind their stuff and that's good. They have a very generous return policy which is good too and I plan to exercise it. I just can't keep going back and forth to the store that is well over an hour away and longer with traffic at times

Thanks again

Post Thanks / Like

I have thier wheel cleaner which i like. It smells decent and keeps my cars wheels clean ( i never really let them get that dirty to begin with). I did recently purchase the Dried on Wax Remover and it did absolutely NOTHING to the wax on the trim around the wheels on my wifes Mini Cooper S. I'm going to have to try some peanut butter on that next.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WAMDX View Post
    Thanks Mike. You are completely correct. As I said, I have no issues with the service at Griot's. My frustration is with the quality I have seen from their stuff after being told over and over again when I went to the store or called customer service that this stuff is top notch only to find that isn't the case. I know they will stand behind their stuff and that's good. They have a very generous return policy which is good too and I plan to exercise it. I just can't keep going back and forth to the store that is well over an hour away and longer with traffic at times

Thanks again

Maybe just save stuff up and get other products that you prefer better, then when you need to come south (I'm guessing you're in the Seattle area) drop it off.

Like Mike says, we all will have varying opinions on products we choose to use or not. Depending on the products, I might snag em from ya.
    Jeff C.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12