autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What's the difference between brands?

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4 Shelby View Post
    Pinnacle Signature Series II.
    Thanks I'll get some ordered TODAY!
    2010 Synergy Green Camaro
    2007 Red Chevy Avalanche (daily driver)
    2009 Black Chevy Avalanche (hubbies boat tow)
    2007 "Z" Ranger Bass Boat (hubbie wishes it's his daily driver)

Post Thanks / Like

Why oh why is only 1 person pushing suggesting Coli 845 or better yet 915 as the pure carnuba topper???

845 is a GREAT liquid wax great shine, wet look, and duability at a fair price it is my go to wax hand down.

915 is a pure white nuba that I absolutely love the finished product from at 30$ a tub it is not going to break your bank and any difficulty in using is far outweighed by durability

Just don't judge them on smell ...

I can't decide between the 2 which i like better and think a 50/50 on my hood after next polishing will be in order to decide. Just be aware removing these guys from black trim is not fun so take a little extra time applying if you try them out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Da Fats View Post
    Why oh why is only 1 person pushing suggesting Coli 845 or better yet 915 as the pure carnuba topper???

845 is a GREAT liquid wax great shine, wet look, and duability at a fair price it is my go to wax hand down.

915 is a pure white nuba that I absolutely love the finished product from at 30$ a tub it is not going to break your bank and any difficulty in using is far outweighed by durability

Just don't judge them on smell ...

I can't decide between the 2 which i like better and think a 50/50 on my hood after next polishing will be in order to decide. Just be aware removing these guys from black trim is not fun so take a little extra time applying if you try them out.
    I actually dont have any experience with Coli. It is listed as a sample, but, not available to order. I tried to order a sample of it with my order this weekend.

I suggested SSII because it gives my white car a really slick "wet" look which is what ramar is looking for. I have not tried it on green, but, it looks like liquid candy on my white car.
    Kevin
    Griots Garage 6in ROP, 3in ROP, pneumatic 3in polisher
    Flex 3401, Porter Cable PC7424 (the old non-XP model).

Post Thanks / Like

When I started caring for my cars again, since I was a kid, , but not really "detailing", the only thing I knew was that Megs made good stuff and since I knew nothing except Megs cleaner wax paste (in a purple can) from when I was a kid with my first car, I just went to the store and bought Megs for what ever I needed. Wax, cleaner wax, and because it was a Megs product, scratch-X for the scratches I had. The Gold Class liquid wax and Scratch-X worked wonders on the car and I had no complaints, and many complements on the paint.

However since finding online ("prescription") products to replace "OTC" (LOL), I tried WGDGPS and was very pleased at the results.
    Since getting a PC this year I've been using Menzerna polishes with the WGDGPS and the same car now looks truly amazing! I even do the rubber and plastic trim with the WG sealant and this 8 year old car looks brand new - at least!

Even though I've learned a lot this past year and share my new knowledge with friends/neighbors, I still happily recommend Megs products to anyone that simply wants to go to the store and pick up a wax or other product.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jpegs13 View Post
    To quote Mike Philips again " Find something you like and use it often"
    My personal prefrences may be different than CeeDog or A41.8tqm, that doesn't mean that the products they use are better than the ones I use and visa versa. It's all about using the products correctly.
    "A bad hammer doesn't make a bad carpenter"
    Best advice on this whole thread!

Post Thanks / Like

silverstone..ok blonde moment I guess, what is WGDGPS?

Post Thanks / Like

WolfGang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ramar View Post
    I have a new 2010 Syber Green Camaro, have waxed it twice with the Meg NXT 2.0 wax. What would you suggest I use to keep a great wet waxed look on this car. .
    I suggest you go with Ultimate Quick Wax between your regular wax sessions with NXT2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VOLVOS60 View Post
    I'm a big user of Meguiars products. But recently I feel as if the are making too many products where as years past they focused on the pro detailers and the serious enthusiast (concours quality). I feel that if you make a good wax and stand behind it, why make 3,4,5, or more different waxes (except for a synthetic and a pure carnuba). I just joined this forum and I am interested in the products here.

My question is what is the major difference between DP, Pinacle, and Wolfgang Lines. If I interpret the descriptions correctly, DP is more of a professional line (entry), Pinacle would be a step up for the enthusiast, and Wofgang would be the high end boutique line.

I am looking at purchasing a new car and it will probably be black. If the way I interpret the lines is correct, than I would be interested in the Wolfgang line. So would the polish enhancer be used before a complete detail (after the clay bar but before the swirl remover), or only after a wash when you plan on waxing or sealing. Next, when would you apply the fuzion estate wax, on top of the paint sealant or in place of the sealant.

Lastly, I've been reading rave reviews about autoglym HD. How does that compare to the Wolfgang paint sealant or estate wax?

Sorry if this was long and these questions have been answered elsewhere (I just couldn't find them). I have 5 different paint cleaners and I'm not a pro detailer. I am just very anal with my cars and I'm looking for high end products to deliver amazing results and streamline the amount of products I have. Thanks for any advice.

Meguiar's makes products to fit just about every person's specific needs (that is why they are so great IMHO.) Meguiar's makes sealants, waxes, polishes, cleaners etc... Some may see this as a turn off, but just remember that many of their newer products are pretty revolutionary in their respective segments. M105 an M205 are testaments to that. You need to understand that Meguiar's often introduces newer and better products into the market when they feel there is a need for such products. Also as newer technology becomes available, they implement that technology into their newer products, or improve upon the already existent ones. Not everyone wants or understands the need for a fifteen dollar a bottle sealant like NXT, some would much rather get the cleaner wax instead. There is nothing wrong with either one, but aren't you glad we at least have the option to use both.

You think Swissvax or Zymol is boutique? I know that in some countries Meg's NXT2.0 is like $80.00 bucks.

Post Thanks / Like

The moral is to use what YOU like and not worry about what others like. There are lot of overly exuberant users whose opinion either is fixated on a brand, one product, or one aspect (not OTC, OTC, cost, selller).

If you read the "disappointing products" threads you will see a variety of experiences with the same product. There may be product issue or people who just do not know how to use them.

It is all about what works for you.

For example, I would think a good correction detailer (does paint correction well) could take most any polish system (Menz, Meg's), figure out how it works well fairly quickly, and get good enough results.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234