autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What's the difference between brands?

I really thought meguires was the best company. I got into detailing and I honestly would not buy any of their stuff from their consumer products. but I dont machine polish either and some of their professional products do get good reviews.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a new 2010 Syber Green Camaro, have waxed it twice with the Meg NXT 2.0 wax. What would you suggest I use to keep a great wet waxed look on this car. The green is a bright/light color. I'm new to this waxing and detailing and have read all I can after messing up the paint on my 2004 Chevy SSR. I washed and waxed that car all the time but didn't do it right. I love to spend time parked under a tree with the radio on detailing my Camaro. But want to do it right and keep a great wet shine.

Post Thanks / Like

yea I messed up a cars paint before taking care of it the wrong way. ramar I am thinking maybe poorboys natty waxes. they are a decent price and you get good results with them. what else do you guys think. if you want to spend a little more maybe pinnacle.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ramar View Post
    I have a new 2010 Syber Green Camaro, have waxed it twice with the Meg NXT 2.0 wax. What would you suggest I use to keep a great wet waxed look on this car. The green is a bright/light color. I'm new to this waxing and detailing and have read all I can after messing up the paint on my 2004 Chevy SSR. I washed and waxed that car all the time but didn't do it right. I love to spend time parked under a tree with the radio on detailing my Camaro. But want to do it right and keep a great wet shine.

Keep using Tech Wax.

Its a great product, you can get great results with a wax or sealant without having to spend over $50.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ramar View Post
    I love to spend time parked under a tree with the radio on detailing my Camaro. But want to do it right and keep a great wet shine.
    Watch out for Tree Sap and Birds

Post Thanks / Like

so meguires tech wax over the poorboys line of wax? I would say get the poorboys they are about the same price. get one of the poorboys natty waxes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ballfan4141 View Post
    so meguires tech wax over the poorboys line of wax? I would say get the poorboys they are about the same price. get one of the poorboys natty waxes
    Personally I'm not a fan of the Nxt Tech Wax 2.0 (or the first version either for that matter). I found the durability to be mediocre and the slickness/ gloss isn't too great either.

For a cheap, very durable and very glossy product (on an already nicely polished and clayed paint surface), Collinite Insulator Wax #845 is great. Not only do the durability and shine far outdo the Nxt wax, it's also $5 cheaper and easier to apply (given that you shake the bottle extremely well before the very first use (say 5-10 minutes of shaking before opening new sealed bottle)). For application I'd recommend one of these.

If you want more of a beauty wax then something like Pinnacle Souveran or P21s 100% are nice, but seeing that you want a wet shine at a decent price, the Insulator wax is definitely the way to go.

Just my .02
    Never be afraid to do something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark; professionals built the titanic

Post Thanks / Like

What's the difference between brands?

Paste get dp maxwax
    Liquid get menzerna poewerlock

That simple.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maximus20895 View Post
    Paste get dp maxwax
    Liquid get menzerna poewerlock

That simple.
    MaxWax isnt all that great in its price range. Instead go with Autoglym HD wax. Just as easy to use but looks, beads, lasts much longer and best of all, it is now OTC at Pepboys.

For me, nattys and souveran look good but has never lasted anything more than 3-4 weeks. Durability fads quick and looks fade even faster.
    Hence they are know as beauty waxes.

You will soon learn that sealants and waxs dont really affect the final outcome and look of the paint much. It all comes down to the prep work(polishing.) Make sure your polishing is spot on and just top with what wax/sealant you like best.
    Alan T.

Post Thanks / Like

Autoglym up here in Canada is getting promoted like crazy, right now... so does that make it a better product or simply one thats more known.
    Dean
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

2003 GMC Sierra Denali
    Onyx Black/Pewter Leather
    w/AWD & QuadraSteer.

2008 Infiniti EX35 AWD
    Aspen Pearl/Black Leather
    w/AWD & Journey Pkg.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast