autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Car Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Car Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    My guess is they’re using it as tempting bait in order to get people to buy their big ticket item and generate more $.

It happens quite often with things such as special edition items, for example “if you want the special gold controller, you have to buy the special edition PS4 bundle”

Hype it up and they will buy. Lol.
    My Synchro Kit arrived today but in my case it wasn't as much about falling for it as it is seriously wanting to test it out against others in the market. I am not happy with the results from gliss and am looking forward to Syncro. My base for it is will be testing it out on my wife's new car which we are still shopping for. It's likely going to be a red or blue metallic so either will look fabulous when i'm done with them.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Car Pro

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    My Synchro Kit arrived today but in my case it wasn't as much about falling for it as it is seriously wanting to test it out against others in the market. I am not happy with the results from gliss and am looking forward to Syncro. My base for it is will be testing it out on my wife's new car which we are still shopping for. It's likely going to be a red or blue metallic so either will look fabulous when i'm done with them.
    Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying anyone’s getting duped, but they’re definitely teasing the product by forcing everyone to who wants it to have to spend more.

I read the description just now.. It says 2 layers of mows must be layed down before it can be applied meaning a total of 3 layers to complete the deal and only then it’s completely done & ready. Does 3 coats sound normL or is that a bit over the top? Don’t most coatings claim the results with 1 layer of coating? IMO It seems like overkill is required in order to live up to its claims.

I bought a quality leather coat years ago. [an actual leather coat, not a leather coating]
    I spent good money on that coat and I don’t need a sweater and another jacket underneath in order to keep me warm no matter how cold it is outside.Car Prolol.

In all seriousness, I hope this multi step process for lsp doesn’t become a new trend across the board.

3. Likes GEM65, Finick, Goonie75 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And I prefer mows better than mohs. I also say Roopes never Roo-phez and I make no apologies.Car Pro

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying anyone’s getting duped, but they’re definitely teasing the product by forcing everyone to who wants it to have to spend more.

I read the description just now.. It says 2 layers of mows must be layed down before it can be applied meaning a total of 3 layers to complete the deal and only then it’s completely done & ready. Does 3 coats sound normL or is that a bit over the top? Don’t most coatings claim the results with 1 layer of coating? IMO It seems like overkill is required in order to live up to its claims.

I bought a quality leather coat years ago. [an actual leather coat, not a leather coating]
    I spent good money on that coat and I don’t need a sweater and another jacket underneath in order to keep me warm no matter how cold it is outside.Car Prolol.

In all seriousness, I hope this multi step process for lsp doesn’t become a new trend across the board.
    If any lsp requires more than 1 layer you know its not all that good. CQ,CSL one layer works.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know anything about coatings and have never used one bit the forensic detailing channel on the youtubes did compare the new synchro to CP and GTec...all 3 of which were multi step. It was interesting to say the least.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Edit: reason I say that is because I'm looking to try my first coating but I can't decide between gtechniq carpro Geon for McKee's. Price really doesn't matter the durability really doesn't matter as far as length of the time it's supposed to last ease-of-use doesn't really matter I'm just looking for a really good one I just can't decide. Realistically it seems like the keys is about the easiest one to maintain and that has some of the deciding factor so all the stuff you need to go about doing it and then maintaining it that list gets long in hurry without even realizing. But that's my two cents and they're not very awesome so take that with a very large grain of salt

7. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you compounded and polished the car, Gloss coat is gone for sure. Now you have a top coat on top of your clear coat. Probably not an issue. I don't think a top coat will be as durable as a normal coating, but it should last for a while on it's own. When it fails you can re-polish the car, recoat with Gloss coat (or what ever base coating you prefer) and then re-apply Gliss on top.

Post Thanks / Like

The extra layer stuff is why I never bothered with mohs. I love that they advertise as thickest coating but you have to do two layers. Well if we all did two layers of every coating, there'd be a thicker layer on it wouldn't it. Most other coatings just recommend one coat is enough for protection. I just stick to UK. It's easy to use and it works great. If I really wanted the maximum everything I'll pay for a pro level coating. All of the multilayer coating stuff, who knows. One layer for hardness? What hardness? It's a micron level coating not a new 40 micron thick clearcoat. And one layer for hydrophobics? So you can spend twice as long coating? I uno bout that..
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

10. Thanks Avi@CarPro thanked for this post
    Likes minerigger liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ronkh57 View Post
    So I get a "dislike for this ?!?!?!

Tough room.......
    A Dislike??? That's pretty funny. That's gonna go on your 'Permanent Record' dontcha know; a few items down from 'would not share ball at recess' perhaps?

I never actually saw a Dislike...now I have something new to shoot for. I shall begin my quest by disparaging ONR and HD Speed; that'll rile some folks up!

12. Likes MattPersman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    A Dislike??? That's pretty funny. That's gonna go on your 'Permanent Record' dontcha know; a few items down from 'would not share ball at recess' perhaps?

I never actually saw a Dislike...now I have something new to shoot for. I shall begin my quest by disparaging ONR and HD Speed; that'll rile some folks up!
    Car Pro

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post

But I didn't say nuttin bad here

HRUMPH !!!!!

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.