autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Help choosing pressure washer

Hey guys, i am just deciding what pressure washer to get. I have found these 3 that seem to be best bang for buck(i am in Canada) they are all within $100 of each other so between $500-$600. Please let me know what you think or if you have any recommendations. I use a electric and it is not quite as much power as i would like (most of the detail jobs i do are huge motorhomes and RV's) and i would also like the option of drawing from a water tank in future which is part of why i am getting the slightly better than cheapo gas models.

Thanks in advance.

https://www.briggsandstratton.com/na...8-max-gpm.html

https://www.pressurewashersdirect.co...er/p65008.html

Simoniz Platinum 3200 PSI Gas Pressure Washer - Simoniz

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help choosing pressure washer

I'm researching them currently. I don't detail daily but I personally like the new AR Blue Cean 2 in 1 electric pressure washer. I should have inserted a link but you can check it out. 2050 PSI and it is extrembly mobile as it detaches from the wheeled fame. FYI.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the reply. That is very similar to what i currently use. I am looking to go gasoline powered and a bit more power in the 2500+ range as well as having the ability to draw from standing water in the future.

Thanks

Nick

Post Thanks / Like

anyone?

Post Thanks / Like

i bought, used on one minivan and returned the GreenWorks GPW1501 13 amp 1500 PSI 1.2 GPM Electric Pressure Washer.....itshot foam but had no rinsing power whatsoever.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, not gas or over 2500. Not quite what I was looking for. But better than the no responses I have gotten otherwise I guess.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I recently got this ryobi with Honda engine and idle down. It's awesome. I added an inline pressure adjuster but I normally wash at full power with the 40 degree tip.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

One of the best tool acquisitions I have in my arsenal is my Honda 3000 psi gas pressure washer. An absolute back saver as it makes cleaning wheels, wheel wells etc... a breeze! 3 years running and no issues whatsoever.

Regarding ability to pump from a water tank however, you will need to add a 12 volt pump with sufficient psi/gpm to push water from tank to pressure washer.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I just ordered the exact same unit above, got an insane deal on it at home depot. Long story, but they gave me $150 off of it after a bunch of mix ups with another unit i had bought.

Although, after looking at the links above, i like the Briggs & Stratton best. Most GPM and the unique manueverability is a nice feature. it also seems to have really convenient connection port locations.

Shawn

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the feedback

I actually just ran across that ryobi today and it is a pretty decent deal at HD. I do like the looks of the briggs one but would be likely to believe the honda will give more reliability and probably run quieter. The only thing i am having trouble with is that all of these have virtually the same pump which is a sealed axial pump(non commercial) where as i can get an actual commercial unit with either a General or Cat pump (rebuild-able and have oil reservoir where i can maintain them with oil changes ect.). for 800 instead of the 500ish that i was looking at for the above units. I guess i am just unsure if the sealed axial pumps will hold up for years of use being used almost every day for 1-3 hours.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast