autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Is saying that PP365 IS NOT a 'beauty wax' misleading?

I've seen it mentioned here and other places that Paint Protect 365 is not a "beauty wax" or "appearance wax," but rather a durable sealant lacking in final looks compared to other waxes & sealants.

I personally think that this is misleading, especially after yesterday after applying my 2nd coat (in 3 months) of PP365 to my jet black Camaro. Which is a black mirror.

I say this because we all know that without PREP WORK, no wax or sealant is truly going to look its best. When I recoated my car yesterday, granted the hood and roof had some washing scratches (entirely my fault), so I polished them out with Ultimate polish and a Meg's 5" polishing pad on my PC. They were light, so this didn't take but a few minutes. But THE SIDES of the car were still immaculate from the last polishing and passed the baggie test, so they were only wiped down with Meg's QD (in the maroon bottle) and PP365 reapplied.

This time when applying the PP365, I went panel-by-panel and really took my time. I used a clean 4" mf covered application sponge and used about 5-9 DROPS (literally drops, like out of an eye dropper) per panel, depending on the size of the panel, then I immediately wiping the panel down with a clean/folded MF cloth, going slowly until all streaks & smears were gone and the panel looked perfect. It was kind of fun doing it all by hand, dragging a short stool around with me so I could sit to do each panel.

When I was done, I went inside, got a drink and relaxed a few minutes, then went out to re-examine the car. The look was as if it had just received a full-blown polishing all over followed by a few layers of a "beauty wax." And it was so slick, that even a microfiber cloth would slide across the hood and off the other side if tossed on - usually microfibers will still 'grip' a freshly waxed surface, at least for me.

This morning, as I look out the window at the Camaro, It looks even better than it did yesterday in this predawn light.

It may not be touted as a "Beauty Wax," but when applied to a properly prepared finish, it looks as good as anything else.

Just my opinion.

**EDIT** I DO have pics from this morning, but I have to wait until the wife gets up ... I don't know how to send them to myself from her phone
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is saying that PP365 IS NOT a 'beauty wax' misleading?

Glad I stocked up on 8 bottles of pp365 when they were on clearance at orielys for 2 bucks each!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by watsodetail View Post
    Glad I stocked up on 8 bottles of pp365 when they were on clearance at orielys for 2 bucks each!
    At the rate I'm using my bottle, it will last me a few years even if I use it on cars other than mine.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Post Thanks / Like

I think what most people call beauty wax is basically just pure carnauba wax that will last you for the car show as opposed to having any long term durability. End of the day, whatever looks great to you. I consider pinnacle synergy beauty wax and it lasts a pretty long time.

Post Thanks / Like

That Paint Protect is one heck of a sealant. The trick is - as you know - to "under apply" it. I see a lot of people dismissing this product after slathering it on. They have a difficult time removing it, and it doesn't let the polymers set up properly.

If done right, it's easy on / easy off, with incredible slickness, as you mentioned.

As far as beauty is concerned, I only apply to paint that has been polished to a high gloss anyways. I suppose if I wanted to, I could apply some M26, or Zymol Creame, but I like the sealant on it's own.

Post Thanks / Like

Paint protect is pretty cool product, I tried trading it forever and figured I'd just use it, nice drying aid and leaves a really slick finish

Post Thanks / Like

I tried it once or twice and set it aside. I'll have to give it another chance gong lighter on it.

How do you use this as a drying aid?

Post Thanks / Like

After almost one year PP has lasted ok on my headlights. And that was only 2 sprays per headlight. I use 3 ounce sprayer bottle to apply while drying. The whole car gets sprayed down even makes the trim darken a tad bit.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been testing with ultimate polish and compound, I'll polish a panel and spray the pp to clean off the polish and seal it at the same time. Quick and easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Using your analogy:
    Which LSP(s) are not "beautifiers"?

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast