autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes UHS on clear coat?

That is what I took away from the event.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Whitewater25 View Post
    Has anyone used Rupes UHS & matching pads on clear coat? Lexus to be exact. I want to try it but thought I would ask the pros here first. It is the metallic white paint & was repainted by dealer under warranty about 3 years ago. Paint is in good shape but has some minor scratches & light swirls.
    Do not have pictures but did my 2015 Black Z06 which was repainted or rather re clear coated last November (long story got blasted on both sides in a construction zone) and it was done shall we say to a higher standard than Bowling Green does them the other did last weekend was my 2014 GMC Sierra Denali in the white tri coat. The vette has Soft clear and it shows every dust scratch and needed some minor correction which I did first before the UHS and the GMC is fairly hard paint.

My My was I impressed with the results esp on the truck--freaking knocked my eyes out in the sun. Noticeable difference is no the word... I know post is worthless without pics. I rained yesterday here in the DFW area but will after it gets washed. The vette looks like a pool of liquid squid ink....

Post Thanks / Like

If you have minor scratches and light swirls, I would use green and yellow rupes pads with UHS compound. Grey (UHS pad) and blue might be too harsh, and both are difficult for contour the panels due to its stiffness.
    I also used on a 3401 and PE14, with lake country hybrids and even microfiber pads, it has great tolerance for different polishers and systems; I consider it an amazing polishing compound, it works according to your pad choice, from cutting to finishing.
    Shake it well before use, since it is water based, a bit of particle deposition at the bottom.
    Please Sir, keep us posted regarding the method chosen/results, and best regards.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12