autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer

Anyone had any experience with this so far? Just shipped a bottle from Singapore to where I am in Australia. The beads are amazing! The only complain I have is that the surface doesn't give that silky feel like waxes after application...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer

I found it to be tacky feeling as well which I didn't like. Liked the smell though and the protection seems legit. The MF towel I used with it stopped absorbing water even after washing it.

Post Thanks / Like

Hydrophobic properties are excellent... but if you are after slickness, sonax brilliant shine and sonax polymer net shield are not the products for you.

Retired Professional Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pheerix View Post
    I found it to be tacky feeling as well which I didn't like. Liked the smell though and the protection seems legit. The MF towel I used with it stopped absorbing water even after washing it.
    Yea that was the only disappointment... But I was impressed with the beads + gloss and how easy it was to apply... Might try their High Speed Wax next just to compare...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zmcgovern45 View Post
    Hydrophobic properties are excellent... but if you are after slickness, sonax brilliant shine and sonax polymer net shield are not the products for you.
    Cheers zmcgovern45, any idea about their High Speed Wax? The red spray bottle...

Post Thanks / Like

I use the PNS, then top off with the BSD. I agree it can feel tacky but I think the protection more than makes up for it. Some have made the following suggestions:
    (1) do a 50-50 or 75 (BSD) - 25 mixture with V7
    (2) use BSD and then, after weekly wash, use another QD i.e. V7
    I tried to 50-50 mix and didn't like it, tried to 75-25 and liked it better. I felt the 50-50 compromised the protection and didn't result in a HUGE difference.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tenblade2001 View Post
    I use the PNS, then top off with the BSD. I agree it can feel tacky but I think the protection more than makes up for it. Some have made the following suggestions:
    (1) do a 50-50 or 75 (BSD) - 25 mixture with V7
    (2) use BSD and then, after weekly wash, use another QD i.e. V7
    I tried to 50-50 mix and didn't like it, tried to 75-25 and liked it better. I felt the 50-50 compromised the protection and didn't result in a HUGE difference.
    Thats a great suggestion. Am gonna give the Sonax Netshield a go in my next shipment (about time since I'm running out of rim cleaners as well!)

I'm guessing the QD would be one that gives a waxy feel? Am just concerned that it could compromise the protection and/or beautiful beading from BSD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Soifon View Post
    Thats a great suggestion. Am gonna give the Sonax Netshield a go in my next shipment (about time since I'm running out of rim cleaners as well!)

I'm guessing the QD would be one that gives a waxy feel? Am just concerned that it could compromise the protection and/or beautiful beading from BSD
    it might, but I haven't noticed it...when used after weekly wash. When I did the 50-50 mix, I thought there was compromised protection.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zmcgovern45 View Post
    ,but the beading drops off dramatically in a couple of weeks. Beads are still there, but not as tight and tall.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Soifon View Post
    Cheers zmcgovern45, any idea about their High Speed Wax? The red spray bottle...
    High Speed Wax is a great product as well. The beading is not quite at the level of Brilliant Shine Detailer, you have that slight trade off between intense beading and slickness. In fact, no spray sealant in the short term is at the level of Brilliant Shine Detailer for the price when it comes to beading. But if you're looking for a nice balance of something that's super slick that will repel water quite well, then High Speed Wax is the one you're going to want to work with.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast