autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Finish Kare 425 Extra Slick Final Body Shine vs Dodo Juice Basics of Bling Detailing Spray Concentrate

Not really a review just my impressions really and I plan to do a very unscientific test in the next few days or so with them as well.

Recently I've been using spray detailer every 2nd day as I live close to the sea and it gets windy, sometimes its just regular dust and other times is fine white salt dust that I'm constantly fighting as my car barely lasts more than 1 day without needing to be cleaned.

My observations of Finish Kare 425 compared to the Dodo Juice spray detailer are as follows.

Using Dodo on the car I don't notice any difference, if anything it just cleans the surface.
    Using Finish Kare on the car I notice it looks shinier and feels slicker.

Using Dodo I use up to approx 200ml per spray detail
    Using Finish Kare I use up to approx 100ml per spray detail

Using Dodo the car is noticeably dirty/dusty after 1-2 days
    Using Finish Kare the car there appers no sign of dust after 4 days so far (excluding the windows which cleaned with window cleaner which are a little dusty)

Using Dodo on my varnished table it does feel a slicker than just the varnish
    Using Finish Kare on my varnished table it feels a lot slicker than the Dodo on the varnish

Notes:
    My only explanation/guesses for using less Finish Kare than Dodo is that there appears to be lest dust using it so repeat applications require less product (I tend to spray more the dustier the surface is), also it may be due partly due to the sprayer used as I was using a Canyon chemical sprayer with the finish care and a Chemical Guys sprayer with the Dodo.

There could also have been less dust and salt in the air the last week or so but it was pretty consistent for the last month plus before that.

I plan to test the slickness of the products by applying them to different surfaces then using different size/weight coins and slowly tipping the surface until 1 starts to slide, I'll try to capture this on video and share the results.

On the positive side for the Dodo Juice it is a concentrate and makes a lot more spray detailer than the Finish Kare.

Kind of related, I'll also be fitting a anti static strap to the car shortly. I don't expect it to repel dust but hopefully just not attract it like a bits of paper to statically charged balloon for example, paper could still fall on it but if it wasn't charged it wouldn't be attracted to it and also some might just slide or blow off it.

Finish Kare is also supposed to have anti static properties, however a friend from another forum has suggested to me that the 3D Final Touch may be slicker than this Finish Kare which may also mean less dust.

I'll update in the next few days with the results from my test.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Finish Kare 425 Extra Slick Final Body Shine vs Dodo Juice Basics of Bling Detailing Spray Concentrate

I have tried many QD`s and have always came back to FK 425 ...This is an opinion from a enthusiastic

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Finish Kare 425 Extra Slick Final Body Shine vs Dodo Juice Basics of Bling Detailing Spray Concentrate

Using a spray detailer, every couple of days,
    to remove built-up sand and salt spray...
    I'll be the first to admit that you're
    a braver soul than I.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Finish Kare 425 Extra Slick Final Body Shine vs Dodo Juice Basics of Bling Detailing Spray Concentrate

Thanks for the review. I really don't need more QD as I have a ton of WG Uber, but FK 425 keeps coming up and getting rave reviews. Might have to try it.
    Oh and how come the other FK detail spray never seems to get any attention?
    http://www.autogeek.net/finish-kare-...-detailer.html

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2DIE View Post
    Using Finish Kare I use up to approx 100ml per spray detail

Finish Kare is also supposed to have anti static properties, however a friend from another forum has suggested to me that the 3D Final Touch may be slicker than this Finish Kare which may also mean less dust.
    100ml is a little too much product IMO, just a few sprays per panel is all that is needed. i have used both and fk425 (more of a beauty QD) is slicker and glossier but the final touch cleans a little better...
    i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pheerix View Post
    Thanks for the review. I really don't need more QD as I have a ton of WG Uber, but FK 425 keeps coming up and getting rave reviews. Might have to try it.
    If you do rinseless washes with WG Uber, try a spritz of FK 425 on each panel as you dry for a drying aid... turns it into Uber on steroids! (East German? Lol...)
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    Using a spray detailer, every couple of days,
    to remove built-up sand and salt spray...
    I'll be the first to admit that you're
    a braver soul than I.

Bob
    There isn't any sand or grit, and it's not salt spray. The salt is in the air and it just settles on the car like regular dust.

I'm close to the sea but not that close.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pheerix View Post
    It has gotten lots of attention over the years.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Just looked up the Finish Kare 146 (the anti static detailer), its not avalible in Australia unfortunately.

Post Thanks / Like

What about mixing FK 425 with some Liquid Sovereign spray wax? 2 birds with one stone?I'very been thinking about trying this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast