autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Review Prima Nero Protectant

I received this as part of the free gift when I purchased the Rupes UHS pads and polishing compound during one of the Vega deals over at Autopia.

Figured I would give it a shot this past weekend as I was doing an interior detail of my daily driver.

For those looking for a matte finish then this is the product one is looking for. It made the interior plastics and vinyl look new without gloss just as the product description states.

Product link and description:

Prima Nero Vinyl, Rubber, and Plastic Protectant

Protect interior and exterior trim with a concours-looking matte finish!

Prima Nero is a water-based vinyl, rubber, and plastic protectant and dressing for both interior and exterior surfaces. Prima Nero gives auto surfaces a natural-looking clean finish packed with UV inhibitors. Your dash, door panels, exterior trim, tires, and moldings will retain their like-new appearance and supple feel.

The appeal of Nero is its finish: it's a concours-look with a matte silkiness on vinyl dashes and plastic trim. Nero leaves tires with a look of newness, adding almost no gloss. If you are looking for the glazed donut shine, Prima Nero is not for you. Instead, Prima Nero makes vinyl, rubber, and plastic surfaces look like new.

Nero’s UV inhibitors help defend against sun damage to prevent drying and cracking. Prima Nero is detergent resistant for excellent durability. It will not wash off in the rain or car washes.

Use Prima Nero inside and outside your vehicle to keep vinyl, rubber, and plastic surfaces in like-new condition.
    Front of the bottle

Rear with the directions.

The consistency is thin enough to come out of sprayer with no issues. It has a blue hue to the milky type consistency.

Prior to application, I gave the dash a wipedown with Meguiar's quik interior detailer to remove any dust and any remnants of the previous protectant. I placed a tape line in the center of the dash. Gave the microfiber applicator a spritz of product and applied it onto the surface.

It darkens very little. I had a hard time capturing it on the camera. This is after applying the protectant. I waited the recommended 15 mins after I finished the entire interior.

Was applied on the right side

A close up. The tape line is barely visible

One more close up. Product applied to the right of this photo.

Here's the completed interior after letting the protectant sit on the surface for 15 mins and coming back for a final buff.

Overall I enjoyed using it. It has a very light darkening effect on the surface. It left a matte finish with almost no gloss just as the product description states. I will see how long it lasts before it needs a touch up.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review Prima Nero Protectant

Prima makes some good products,although silk shine is my go to interior love that stuff,cheap a little goes along way durable and nice sprayer applicator and the smell isn't like the others,very unique clean smell.will be buying 5 more bottles of it this week.

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a nice product, nice dark matte finish.

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    Prima makes some good products,although silk shine is my go to interior love that stuff,cheap a little goes along way durable and nice sprayer applicator and the smell isn't like the others,very unique clean smell.will be buying 5 more bottles of it this week.
    Why don't you just order a gallon of it ?