autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quik Review: Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Spray Wax

I figured I'd do a quik review of a product that never seems to get any mention on here... The Pinnacle Liquid Spray Wax.

I did a bucket wash on my car today and wasn't really happy with the results.. Towel marks on the paint due to my drying towels not being perfectly clean after a busy week of putting in work + suddenly getting caught washing in direct sunlight.. It went from 72 degrees in the shade to 82 in the sun in a matter of minutes☀️

Look at these nasty towel marks.

Quik Review: Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Spray Wax-imageuploadedbyagonline1455311211-870180-jpg

Quik Review: Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Spray Wax-imageuploadedbyagonline1455311244-618070-jpg

So I figured it'd be the perfect time to follow up with a spray wax. And since it's Mike Phillips' B Day, might as well use the fancy stuff, so out comes the Pinnacle Souveran Liquid Spray Wax..

It was Hot🔥

Quik Review: Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Spray Wax-imageuploadedbyagonline1455311377-465882-jpg

Luckily I can help cool the situation a bit..

Quik Review: Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Spray Wax-imageuploadedbyagonline1455311444-337630-jpg

Voila! Now we can work a bit better😉

Quik Review: Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Spray Wax-imageuploadedbyagonline1455311496-958104-jpg

Spray it down a bit..

Quik Review: Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Spray Wax-imageuploadedbyagonline1455311556-294389-jpg

However, this stuffs a bit of a bear to work with... This is the paint after the initial application. I used a clean Megs Ultimate Wipe. Streaks.

Quik Review: Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Spray Wax-imageuploadedbyagonline1455311702-176449-jpg

Even under ideal conditions, this stuff always seems to require 2 applications to finally get it right.

Quik Review: Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Spray Wax-imageuploadedbyagonline1455311835-837897-jpg

Completely done.

Quik Review: Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Spray Wax-imageuploadedbyagonline1455311876-990338-jpg

Pros:
    -I guess you sort of feel like you're using the premium stuff, even though it doesn't actually feel like it. Lol.

Cons:
    -Is there a noticeable visual difference between this and your normL choice of spray wax? Umm, no. Not really.. Not at all.

-Compared to say Megs D156, this stuffs a PITA to work with.

-It sort of smells like a fart.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Quik Review: Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Spray Wax

Have you ever tried it as a drying aid?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by parshooter View Post
    Have you ever tried it as a drying aid?

I don't like to do drying aids. So no.
    I only like to spray wax onto a dry clean surface.
    I tried the drying aid method a couple maybe 3 times and disliked it.

Post Thanks / Like

You should try drying aids to help you with the exact issue you faced. Most quick detailers and many spray waxes can be used as a drying aid and help lubricate the surface for the towel while removing water spots and leaving a streak free surface with a little protection.

I have used a variety of QD's and even the new Blackfire spray wax as a drying aid with excellent results. You might want to reconsider doing so and evaluating exactly why you didnt get good results when you did.

Post Thanks / Like

Up until today I pretty much never have that problem.. It was simply due to using that drying towel 1 too many times in a row. I need to wash all my towels right now.

IMO drying aids just add more liquid to the surface I'm trying to get dry. Most of the time I don't have to apply any pressure to the surface to dry. I just put the towel on the paint and glide over it and it's bone dry. If I add a spray liquid to the paint I'm trying to dry I then have to rub the paint dry and I hate that method. Plus it doesn't really feel like I'm spray waxing while I'm doing that. Just makes for more liquid on the paint IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

And I also like to begin drying with a completely dry waffle weave.. I simply don't understand how alot of people say a damp waffle weave drys better somehow.. I'll never understand how that could possibly be. Lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like the heat got you and made it hard to remove the product. Even after cooling the surface that temp is still high. I personally don't put spray waxes on paint that is not cool to the touch. That is asking for trouble like what you exhibited.

Give it another shot when the surface is cooler. It does appear like a lot was used as well. Try a supreme shine towel next time rather than the ultimate wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Up until today I pretty much never have that problem.. It was simply due to using that drying towel 1 too many times in a row. I need to wash all my towels right now.

IMO drying aids just add more liquid to the surface I'm trying to get dry. Most of the time I don't have to apply any pressure to the surface to dry. I just put the towel on the paint and glide over it and it's bone dry. If I add a spray liquid to the paint I'm trying to dry I then have to rub the paint dry and I hate that method. Plus it doesn't really feel like I'm spray waxing while I'm doing that. Just makes for more liquid on the paint IMO.
    Drying aids are great. One does not need a lot of product after a sheet rinse. For example a light mist of D156 is all that is needed.

Post Thanks / Like

@Guz. Yea you're probably right about me using too much product. I can't help myself, that's just how I do it with spray wax.
    As far as a cool surface, the rest of the car was in the shade and completely cool. Same result.

Post Thanks / Like

This is my favorite spray wax Ever! It's the only sample I ever get with my orders.
    For me, it virtually flashes into the paint and barely need a second wipe.

Post Thanks / Like

Quik Review: Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Spray Wax

Funny you posted this I just received a sample of it today and tried it out. Behaves very similar to WGDGSS. Needed almost no buffing. Surprised there's carnuba in it as other carnuba spray waxes I've used usually need some buffing. Smelled like what banana flavored toothpaste would smell like. Car came out great. Hard to decide between this and WGDGSS next purchase.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast