autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Sonax Fall Out Cleaner review

Disclaimer: I've never used Iron X, so I can't say how it compares. My old go to was the Dub wheel cleaner. I was about to get some Iron X when I stumbled upon this. I couldn't find many reviews at all, but Everything Sonax I've used I've liked. I did find one review that said it smells a lot less than the other iron removers. Which is a big plus to me.

I bought the 5 liter jug and put some in a 1 liter Kwazar sprayer.
    It smells, not so nice. It's not so strong I couldn't bare it, but it smells harsh. The DUB one smells of a mixture of good + bad together. I definitely wouldn't want to smell either. I did smell the Surf City iron product at Pep Boys. HOOOOOOOO! If that's how Iron X smells, I'm glad I've never bought it. Surf City stunk to high hell. Fall Out doesn't seem to linger, it's faint but it's still very present.

My victim was a friends 14 year old or something white Camry. Probably had never been decontaminated, and as far as my friend, who's the 2nd owner. Just basic washes, so not a really cared for car.

I used too much product, I used almost the whole liter on the paint and wheels. It's thicker than the DUB stuff so it clings better. Here are some pics, I did a craptastic job at taking them, but they give a general idea.

I was expecting more bleeding, perhaps the car wasn't as contaminated as I thought. I can't say much about the product until I try it on another car.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sonax Fall Out Cleaner review

Nice results on that white paintwork, and yes Iron X stink/lingers everywhere though once used you kinda be happy you bought it cause a little goes along way, comes in spray or paste and is kinda more stronger than other iron removers in my eyes

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. Nice results.

Most of them if not all of them stink. I'm ironx lemon scent user myself. Autofinesse Iron Out smelled even worse than DUB or ironx.

Post Thanks / Like

I actually just used this a couple of weeks ago and it smelled awful. I got some iron-x paste in today and it smells just as bad. I had good results from the fallout remover. Can't wait to put it side by side with iron-x(will be my first time using iron-x too)
    Currently: 2014 Jet Black Mica Mazda 6

Previously: 2004 Milano Red Acura TSX

Post Thanks / Like

YMMV question, but how much product on average do you guys use when you decontaminate a car? If my amount wasn't crazy over the top, now I see why Sonax sells their wheel cleaner in a 25 liter size.

Post Thanks / Like

It all depends on various factors such as vehicle size, color, and how long if ever has it been since last decontamination with that said most vehicles will use at least half a bottle with larger vehicles using a bit more though note that you don't have to decon every time either like the wheels you can decon every two weeks to a monthly basis depending on driving while paint you can do every three months or so also you can spread the product lightly to extend product too.....just some thoughts

Post Thanks / Like

So I went to refill my almost empty Kwazar sprayer today, as I pulled the pressure release valve *TSSSSSSH!* the sent of Fallout farted out. Yeah, definitely not a pleasant smelling product lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    So I went to refill my almost empty Kwazar sprayer today, as I pulled the pressure release valve *TSSSSSSH!* the sent of Fallout farted out. Yeah, definitely not a pleasant smelling product lol.
    Sounds like a stinky moment, hence its always the sticky ones whom build the most pressure so they can spray there owners