autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash review

I was totally happy with my old Waterless product, Chemical Guys EcoSmart, but Wolfgang Uber was 1. on sale 2. has been getting great reviews and 3. is 3x more concentrated. So I decided to order it

I'm a weekend warrior who details on the side and hopefully can make it my full time gig by the end of 2016, anywho. These are the products I chose to use today. But, as I was starting I decided to not do my tires, and I ended up only lightly washing the wheels with the Uber. I'll list what I used, minus the few things I didn't buy here out of respect for AGO and their forum rules. From left to right:

Kwazar 1.5 liter bottle with 1 ounce of Wolfgang Uber Rinseless + about 48oz of distilled water. I know this is the bottle intended for harsh chemicals, this is my 1st time using it. And it worked fantastic for waterless. The nozzle's adjustable from a narrow hard stream to a very fine spray mist.

Wolfgang Uber

Buf N Shine towels

Tuf Shine Tire Cleaner

[not bought here]

303 Fabric Guard

303 Multi-surface cleaner (in Kwazar double pump bottle)

[not bought here]

My car's DIRTY, I hadn't washed it for 3 weeks, and it rained a few times over the past week, just enough to make it look horrible.

Now this picture imho doesn't fully capture how bad it was. There wasn't grime and mud, it was straight dirt spots and lots of them. I'm not a master detailer by any means, and I know most people who use rinseless and waterless products have an opinion on what's to dirty to safely wash. Mine could be at a "need a hose" stage, and I probably would have been better off going at least rinseless. But, since I'm a waterless fan, I decided to go for it and use good technique + lots of towels.

The product:

It smells good, a lot like cherry cough drops, once it's diluted it's very pleasant. It doesn't have Carnuba like the EcoSmart, but it's also 3x more dilutable and doesn't need to be buffed off. Both of which get a thumbs up from me. How does it clean though?

Today at least, my 50/50 shots SUCK, I couldn't find any painters tape to make make a nice straight line to show off the cleaning power better. But, you can still see the difference. I sprayed more than I normally would of anything else, and let it dwell for about 20 seconds then lightly wiped it off using a Buf & Shine towel. The dirt came right up, even some of the stubborn spots didn't require much finesse to get them removed. Note: After I took this picture I spayed the same section a bit more and used a clean side of the the towel. So it looked even better than in the pic. My initial impression of the product. It's very slick, pics up dirt extremely well and wipes off stupid easy. 2 minutes into it I already was really liking the product

Not surprising the trunk was equally nasty, again I used plenty of product and every side of the towel to be safe.

I didn't have a ton of time so I did rush a tad bit more than I normally would. I was still very happy with the results. I inspected it very closely and didn't notice any new swirls or scratches. I forgot to take an after pic of the hood, but it looked really good also. This is a quality product that's not too expensive, D114's still a lot cheaper, but this one leaves behind some sort of polymers that repel dust? Or was that the new Blackfire waterless? Someone with smarts here feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I know it has something extra but I'm too lazy to look it up sorry lol.

I also forgot to take a pic of the roof, which considering I couldn't find my fabric brush came out really nice using 303 M.S.C and a short nap MF. I <3 all the 303 products I've used. I don't like how M.S.C. is non dilutable and the Fabric Cleaner which has been discontinued was concentrated, and I think they were the same price? Oh well, it's still a killer product and not overly expensive in the least.

In conclusion, I recommend this product, It's probably not meant to be used as waterless on a car as dirty as mine. But it got the job done. I ran my hand over it and my paint feels pretty damn smooth. I know I need a good claying, I will most likely be buying the gallon size of this when I run out. Even with my car was as filthy as it was and me spraying way more than I'd use on a clean car. I still only used about 32oz of product. I have a tiny car yes, but I really sprayed the panels, a few of them twice. Next week for my maintenance wash I could see me easily getting away with only using about half as much.

I also recommend Buf & Shine towels for waterless, they're not cheap but they're phenomenal.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash review

Nice review. Thanks for showing how it will work on a pretty dirty vehicle. I'm a huge fan of d114 & d115 also, but have been reaching for Uber more lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post

Oh no you didn't put your towels down on top of that dirty wall???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    That was the first thing I noticed! hehe.

Great review. I've only used Uber @ WW wash on my car once and it's really easy.

Post Thanks / Like

Haha I was thinking the same thing. I've been alternating between D115 and Uber as waterless and I've noticed a few things:
    1. Uber seems to attract less dust than D115 probably because it lacks any wax but the gloss and slickness are about equal.
    2. I think Uber might be a tad slicker even compared to D115 at full strength 1:4 which makes Uber so much more economical.
    3. Neither steaks on paint but it seems D115 behaves better on glass. Uber takes a bit of elbow grease to be streak free on glass.
    4. D115 seems to "stain" my towels with its smell even after a double rinse wash. Uber leaves no smell behind.

Post Thanks / Like

He might have used Wolfgang Dirty Wall Cleaner earlier.

Post Thanks / Like

I cleaned the top of the wall with my APC, which I can't mention because they don't sell it here. The wall looks dirty, but it's mostly just really old and beat up. That's not grime you see in the pic, it's missing chunks. With that said, putting the towels down on it probably wasn't my best idea. And I knew before even posting the review that the OCD detailers on here would spot that instantly. Thanks for not letting me down guys

Post Thanks / Like

Very good review!

My rule of thumb is this, waterless for dusty to very dusty and cars driven in the rain with normal amount of dirt. Waterless is for dirtier cars where pre-treating is needed. Everyone knows a very dirty car has to be taken to the quarter wash or your own power washer.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Good stuff !!

Post Thanks / Like

*UPDATE*

It's only been 3 days since I washed my car, but we had a few crazy days where it was off and on super windy. I was very impressed when I took a close look at my car today. I expected to see some dust here and there, but I didn't notice any. I did have a few bird bombs which I sprayed with Uber let it dwell and they came up with almost no effort. I'll be putting a small 4 or 8 oz bottle of this in my trunk with a MF for touch ups.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast