autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Detailer's Helper HD belt

Not a lot to say about this belt, It does exactly what it's suppose to. IMHO it's a bit overpriced, but still worth it. That sounds contradictory, but even though I feel it could be priced a bit lower. I still love what it does and still bought one. It's good quality and feels like it will hold up well. I haven't seen people complaining about the original model, so I'm sure this will last.

I initally thought I wasn't going to like the larger 32oz bags because all my products are in 8 or 16oz bottles. While I still wish they sold a version that had multiple 16oz bags, I can throw 2 16oz bottles in the one 32 bag.

Since I don't have a polisher *yet* I didn't think I'd be using the polisher bag at the moment, but I thought about it and ended trying it out and it fits my Adam's long handle brush pretty much perfectly. And the small and medium & angled Adam's Wheel Woolies fit great too. The web site claims this will save you 30 minutes a detail, while I don't know about that. I know it will cut down my time and make my job easier.

I really like that you get some free MF towels and 3 of the 8oz self cleaning squeeze bottles when you order on here - yet another reason to always order from AGO.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detailer's Helper HD belt

Those pockets face the front right? Does it seem like they'd be in the way if you were to be polishing a hood? It kind of seems like it would from the looks of it.

I won't even wear a normal belt due to being carefull. That thing looks like the complete opposite of being carefull. Lol.

Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I just put it on and slid the bags as far back as I could. They ended up being directly on my sides so my front was clear from anything that could hit the paint. The buckle has a cover that you put over it which will keep it from dinging your paint. You also can remove any bags you don't want.

Post Thanks / Like

Seems way too bulky for my tastes. I wonder how heavy it can be once it's all loaded up. I don't need a heavy belt trying to make my pants sag as I'm working. Lol.

I like how they say it cuts your detail time by a half hour or more.. Ok, I should start making similar promises, but I can't think of any right now. Lol.

What I can think of is how much of a chore it must be to try and walk around with my polisher inside a pocket around my waist.. They really recommend that as a good thing, but it sounds like a nightmare. Polishes, backing plates, towels, inspection light, etc. can be placed right next to me on my cart. I think thats better than me limping around the car with all that weight on a belt. Not to mention it's way overpriced... I smell pricy bad gimmick.

Does anyone else use 1?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Seems way too bulky for my tastes. I wonder how heavy it can be once it's all loaded up. I don't need a heavy belt trying to make my pants sag as I'm working. Lol.

I like how they say it cuts your detail time by a half hour or more.. Ok, I should start making similar promises, but I can't think of any right now. Lol.

What I can think of is how much of a chore it must be to try and walk around with my polisher inside a pocket around my waist.. They really recommend that as a good thing, but it sounds like a nightmare. Polishes, backing plates, towels, inspection light, etc. can be placed right next to me on my cart. I think thats better than me limping around the car with all that weight on a belt. Not to mention it's way overpriced... I smell pricy bad gimmick.

Does anyone else use 1?

completely!

There is no way that thing could make me work more efficiently! I'm exhausted thinking about it. How many products does one person need to carry around? I don't know how others do it, but I try to take it one step at a time.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought one of these and though it might seem bulky or cumbersome it really isn't! The pockets can slide around and be rearranged. I keep the larger pockets on the sides rather than in front of me.

When polishing I use it to carry pads, carpro eraser, microfiber towels and my phone. When using RW I can carry my waterless wash bottle to pretreat panels, supreme 530 to dry and a 16 oz bottle of Wet Diamond Poly spray that I use as a drying aid. Basically unless you have a cart it saves you the time of constantly fetching bottles, pads or towels.

It saves my back because I used to just put the bottles on the ground when using them. Since I bought it 3 months ago I don't clean my car without it.
    When life hands you melons, you might have dyslexia

Post Thanks / Like

Cool. Glad you found success with it. I take it you bought it out of necessity based on not already having a cart? How much did you pay for it? From what I understand there's choices that go from basic to more expensive? What material are the pockets made of? Looks like either nylon or canvas from the picture. And do the pockets swing freely if you were to lean over the side of a truck to reach the middle of the hood?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Cool. Glad you found success with it. I take it you bought it out of necessity based on not already having a cart? How much did you pay for it? From what I understand there's choices that go from basic to more expensive? What material are the pockets made of? Looks like either nylon or canvas from the picture. And do the pockets swing freely if you were to lean over the side of a truck to reach the middle of the hood?
    I bought the regular version, not the HD belt. I got it during the labor day sale not sure for how much but it was like 25% off. Definitely a great substitute for me not having a cart. I only have an outdoor driveway, no garage so I usually stock a wood crate with the stuff I need to do a thorough cleaning, the belt lets me grab all the stuff I need and keep it on me.

The whole thing is made out of cotton and it has a velcro strap that connects behind you. And the pockets stay put but you can physically slide them around should you need to. To re-arrange the pockets you have to slide them off completely, no quick release which is fine. If you are leaning on the car you can safely slide the pockets to your sides or even behind you.

I'm sure you can find something similar and cheaper somewhere else but I got it on whim since I got a discount and the free shipping and I'm glad I did.
    When life hands you melons, you might have dyslexia

Post Thanks / Like

I've looked into buying just a holster, but the ones I've found aren't made for detailing so they don't make a good fit.

As far as a cart, I turned a cart from the laundromat into my detailing cart.😊 I still want to add a lower shelf and maybe more.

Detailer's Helper HD belt-imageuploadedbyagonline1450759903-441130-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spiralout462 View Post
    completely!

There is no way that thing could make me work more efficiently! I'm exhausted thinking about it. How many products does one person need to carry around? I don't know how others do it, but I try to take it one step at a time.
    Haha.
    I feel the same way.
    I am willing to give it a try and give it a fair shake.
    I will pick one up later when time and budget allows.

On paper, I just don't see how the added weight and size around my waste will make things go faster.
    Having bottles bounce around, and trigger sprayers possibly tagging body panels or catching on something as I constantly move around, does not sound appealing.

I don't even like things in my pockets when I am detailing, much less wearing gear.
    Not trying to be a tactical detailer, lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast