I tried the 303 Fabric Guard around this time last year and was pretty excited as I was looking to maximize and protect my top.

I followed the directions to a T. Thoroughly vacuumed, then rinsed the top and cleaned it with APC and a soft nylon brush and rinsed thoroughly. Blotted dry with a clean waffle weave, used Master Blaster Sidekick for a bit, and let dry in the sun for about 2-3 hrs. until bone dry.

Taped off surrounding areas, and sprayed a criss cross overlapping application. Let dry. And followed it up with another application in the opposite cross pattern, saturating the top between the both applications enough to almost use the whole bottle. I was left with maybe 4-5oz. of the 32oz. bottle once I was done spraying the top.

I let it bake in the hot sun all day.

303 Fabric Guard - Canvas Top Review-imageuploadedbyagonline1450350991-107017-jpg

The next day, I got off work and brought a bottle of water outside with me. Poured a bit of water on the top to see what would happen and voila! Beading! I was like heck yea this is sweet!

303 Fabric Guard - Canvas Top Review-imageuploadedbyagonline1450351095-300380-jpg

303 Fabric Guard - Canvas Top Review-imageuploadedbyagonline1450351115-767818-jpg

However, about 4 days later we saw actual rainfall.. There was no beading to speak of. The top was drenched, soaked, needless to say it was a huge letdown as it failed to perform under real conditions. Not sure if this is a common experience for most, but I thought I'd share my honest review of the product.