autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Comparison Reviews

Just got a flier from autogeek about Synergy wax.

Looks interesting but for 100 bucks probably will pass.

But the reason I'm posting is I often see reviews of waxes which is great... but they're rarely truly a comparison.

Meaning having one wax "A" and then having the other wax "B" side by side... say down the hood with a tape divider.

I would have liked to have seen a comparison like this for the Synergy... might have swayed me but without it, I'll be sticking with my Meguiar's Ultimate.

Just a thought

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Comparison Reviews

I can tell you from experience, there is a definite difference between paste waxes. You can read reviews to get information on the differences.

Synergy is a wax that requires the paint to be properly prepped before application. Meguiars Ultimate is a wax that is more user friendly in the sense its for a less discriminating consumer (not saying its not a good wax at all).

However, to even compare Meguiars Ultimate to Synergy is like comparing a McDonalds hamburger to a filet mignon. Both red meat, both taste good, both will fill you up.

Synergy has a shine that is incredible, and when the paint is properly prepped, will last 6 months, far longer than Ultimate Wax.

Having said that, there are lots of great waxes that are much less expensive than synergy. Try stepping outside of your comfort zone and trying other products. A leap to synergy might not be for you, but there are lots of other waxes definitely worthy of trying.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Comparison Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Jaretr1 View Post
    I can tell you from experience, there is a definite difference between paste waxes. You can read reviews to get information on the differences.

Synergy is a wax that requires the paint to be properly prepped before application. Meguiars Ultimate is a wax that is more user friendly in the sense its for a less discriminating consumer (not saying its not a good wax at all).

However, to even compare Meguiars Ultimate to Synergy is like comparing a McDonalds hamburger to a filet mignon. Both red meat, both taste good, both will fill you up.

Synergy has a shine that is incredible, and when the paint is properly prepped, will last 6 months, far longer than Ultimate Wax.

Having said that, there are lots of great waxes that are much less expensive than synergy. Try stepping outside of your comfort zone and trying other products. A leap to synergy might not be for you, but there are lots of other waxes definitely worthy of trying.
    Oh I've been detailing for over a decade.

I've tried all of the boutique waxes including... GASP... Zymol Vintage. (even costing thousands... no it doesn't look that different)

I've found very little difference in appearance for most of the waxes, sealants etc. that I've tried.

Which is why I suspect we don't see many side-by-side comparisons to the newest "must have" wax/sealant.

90 percent of the look is in the prep so when I read that this wax or that sealant looks SOOO much better I tend to shake my head.

The main differences in waxes and sealants that I've observed is the following:

1. Length of protection (how long it lasts)
    2. Ease of use (how easy it is to apply and remove)
    3. Staining (weather or not a wax/sealant stains) I don't use the ones that stain either BTW

Aside from that and various "beading" appearances I don't find much difference in actual appearance.

But since the new Pinnacle stuff has the ceramic bits in it I thought it might be interesting to see if there is, in fact, a difference in appearance.

But I'd love to see a side-by-side