autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: Wolfgang Perfekt Vision Glass Polish

I was one of the individuals who received the new Wolfgang products as part of the recent giveaway. In return, I agreed to provide a review of the products. With that in mind, I will try to keep my review as objective as possible.

Copy from AG

Wolfgang Perfekt Vision Glass Polish is a citrus-based chemical cleaner infused with a blend of glass-safe abrasives designed to gently remove water spots, road film, and other common contaminants that are often found on the windshield of a daily driver. The specially-milled abrasives remove the offending contaminants without scratching glass. Apply by hand with a terrycloth applicator or by machine with a soft foam polishing pad.

Wolfgang Perfekt Vision Glass Polish also works wonders at removing tree sap and stubborn bug splatter from glass. It works at a microscopic level to gently break up and remove contaminants from the pits, pores and valleys in the glass. Trust me when I say that your glass has never been cleaner!

Heavy duty glass polishes such as Ceriglass do a great job, but are a mess to work with and in many cases overkill. When I perform my bi-annual deep cleaning the glass does get clayed and I would expect that to take care of the majority of road film but not waterspots. I also wouldn't expect clay to get ALL of the road film off. Some vehicles can also get a nasty film on the inside of the glass if they are a smoker, pet/child/convertible owner or have the windows down frequently. This is a situation where you really can't use something like Ceriglass without making a serious mess.

Enter Wolfgang Glass Polish. A product like WG glass polish can take care of the most common problems like waterspots and road film. It can be done easily, without a polisher or tricks for keeping the product workable.

At first, I thought I would have trouble finding a candidate for this product, but after examining the last 4 cars that I've done, it became evident that just about any piece of glass can benefit from a once over with Wolfgang Glass polish. Namely, the side mirrors. These buggers get little attention from owners, but are (hopefully) used everytime you are driving.

When I first used this product I noted the slight bubblegum scent, it pairs well with the glass cleaner bubblegum scent. The consistency is similar to a lotion. It has a very long working time, no need to add more product. It did not take long at all to remove the waterspots from the mirrors below, maybe a minute of polishing by hand. Despite not working the product until it flashed, it did wipe off very easily. Below are a few pics of mirrors I've done. Unfortunately I did not get any shots of the first mirror I did, it was terribly hazed and Wolfgang brought it back to a like new condition.

Before: Note the haze.

After:

Before: Haze and waterspots

After: edges show the before condition, they were cleaned up with a MF edge and more polish. The polish did not affect this particular plastic edge.

This is a great option for deep cleaning any glass on the vehicle to add a truly detailed touch to a job. For how little is used, this is very affordable and will last a long time.

Pros
    Long working time
    pleasant scent
    good cleaning and light polishing by hand
    wipes off easily
    good alternative to messy glass polish

Cons
    None at this time

Questions
    Can you get true class correction from this product?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Wolfgang Perfekt Vision Glass Polish

Nice review. I thought this product also did a great job, especially by hand. I doubt it can do serious glass correction, but for a product to get windows truly clean without maximum fuss or effort, this one hits the spot!

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice review good sir. Nice results. Very easy to work with by hand or machine.

Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Audios S6 View Post
    Questions
    Can you get true class correction from this product?
    I had a chance to give it a go this weekend and capture the material I need for my review.

I performed the polishing session on a red 2007 Chevy Aveo with heavily scratched glass in the wipe path. The product worked effortlessly removing the film buildup, water spots, etc however only put a nice shine on the wiper scratches.

Keep an eye out for my review.

Post Thanks / Like

Polishing side view mirrors!! Genius! Thanks for the review and idea