autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash

I have used this before as a Waterless Wash and liked it quite a lot Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash @ WW Dilution , but how about as a rinseless wash?

Bottle is nice that it includes a measuring side.

Due to a crowded driveway, pictures were tough but I was working with a dirty 2016 Glacier White Audi Q5. I only did the paint and glass; wheels will be done another day.

I proceeded using one bucket and multiple towels. The rinseless wash solution did an excellent job breaking down dirt, even some tar and heavier mud towards the bottom.

However, that is all that I really liked about it. Compared to other rinseless washes, it did not give my towels that, they're about to slip out of my hands slick feeling, but I did not see any damage inflicted to the vehicle, so this is a user experience thing more than an actual functional thing. After each swipe of the towel, more liquid was left behind on the surface compared to other rinseless washes. Some leave very little liquid behind making the car easier to dry. As far as drying, I found the product to be somewhat streaky and require a lot of buffing to remove fully as I also noted when I used it as a waterless wash.

Lastly, as noted, the solution stayed behind on the surface rather than in the towel. This left me with dirt on the surface albeit encapsulated in the solution. This meant a good amount of dirt had to be removed by my drying towel and not the actual towel soaked in the solution. Because of this, you need a huge drying towel or multiple towels to avoid marring the surface with a dirty drying towel.

Overall though, I noted no marring or swirls from the wash process, so it is indeed a good product that just provides a bad user experience in my opinion. It would not be my first choice for a rinseless wash, but as a cheap waterless wash, yes.

And the finished car.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash

Interesting experience.

I feel like my experience with Pv17 and the actual product were very different from yours. Slick. Clean. No residue.

Used on dark cars as well.....

(Sent via my mobile device)

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great! Thanks for sharing my friend

Post Thanks / Like

When i used this product I noticed my drying towel was getting dirty but the vehicle still turned out looking great

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SYMAWD View Post
    As far as drying, I found the product to be somewhat streaky and require a lot of buffing to remove fully as I also noted when I used it as a waterless wash.

Lastly, as noted, the solution stayed behind on the surface rather than in the towel. This left me with dirt on the surface albeit encapsulated in the solution. This meant a good amount of dirt had to be removed by my drying towel and not the actual towel soaked in the solution. Because of this, you need a huge drying towel or multiple towels to avoid marring the surface with a dirty drying towel.
    What dilution did you use? This wash is 1 oz/3 gallons.

As far as the dirt staying on the surface, as a rinseless washer from before ONR was developed (back in the QEW days), which is before the multiple-towel method was adopted by many, I'll sound like a cranky old man and say that if you are picking up dirt on your drying towel, you need to do more washing passes until the surface is clean.

The dirt should wind up in the wash bucket (depending on how many buckets you are using) or the wash media, if there is still dirt left on the surface for the drying towel to pick up, you are not done washing.

Since I'm droning on here, back in the early rinseless days (over 10 years ago), we just used one bucket and one piece of media. This was a common complaint of rinseless newbs, that their drying towel was getting dirty. I'll credit Bence who was a great member on the old Autopia forum, and early supporter of Optimum products, for teaching us these basics of rinseless washing, which is to get the dirt off the car before you dry.

My point is it doesn't matter how much liquid your wash is leaving on the car, you shouldn't be drying until the wash has removed the dirt, including dirty liquid.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    What dilution did you use? This wash is 1 oz/3 gallons.

As far as the dirt staying on the surface, as a rinseless washer from before ONR was developed (back in the QEW days), which is before the multiple-towel method was adopted by many, I'll sound like a cranky old man and say that if you are picking up dirt on your drying towel, you need to do more washing passes until the surface is clean.

The dirt should wind up in the wash bucket (depending on how many buckets you are using) or the wash media, if there is still dirt left on the surface for the drying towel to pick up, you are not done washing.

Since I'm droning on here, back in the early rinseless days (over 10 years ago), we just used one bucket and one piece of media. This was a common complaint of rinseless newbs, that their drying towel was getting dirty. I'll credit Bence who was a great member on the old Autopia forum, and early supporter of Optimum products, for teaching us these basics of rinseless washing, which is to get the dirt off the car before you dry.

My point is it doesn't matter how much liquid your wash is leaving on the car, you shouldn't be drying until the wash has removed the dirt, including dirty liquid.
    I used 1 oz to 3 gallons.

Either way, the dirt was "off" the surface and I was left with not clean solution on the surface. If that solution is being picked up by my drying towel and I'm not using that part of the towel again, I don't see the issue.

With no other rinseless wash have I ever had to make more than one pass to come up with a clean drying towel. This is the first I've used to exhibit such characteristics.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SYMAWD View Post
    Either way, the dirt was "off" the surface and I was left with not clean solution on the surface. If that solution is being picked up by my drying towel and I'm not using that part of the towel again, I don't see the issue.

With no other rinseless wash have I ever had to make more than one pass to come up with a clean drying towel. This is the first I've used to exhibit such characteristics.
    What if I flipped it around, and you are doing a conventional wash, and your drying towel comes up dirty? Is that the fault of the soap or because you didn't scrub the car enough or didn't rinse it well enough?

IMO whether a rinseless leaves "dirty water" behind has more to do with how dirty the surface is, how wet the media is, and what kind of media you are using than what rinseless you are using.

IMO leaving dirty water behind, by itself isn't a knock on the wash. If on the same car, using the same media, in the same manner, one wash left dirty water and one didn't, then that would be a valid point. But on a base level, if the car is still dirty whenyou go to dry it, you didn't wash it enough, no matter what wash you are using. That's the way I see it, anyway, but you and I never see eye to eye.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    If on the same car, using the same media, in the same manner, one wash left dirty water and one didn't, then that would be a valid point.
    You are correct. I didn't use another product on this car at the same exact time as Wolfgang, but I feel I have done enough rinseless washes to say another product would have left the surface cleaner.

The next time I do a rinseless wash, I will wash one half of the vehicle with Wolfgang and the other half with another product so that I can be absolutely certain of my findings. And if my findings are the same, I would probably choose the rinseless that requires less passes as less touching = less chance of damage.

Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash

It's not easy to offer a different opinion on this, or any other forum. I too have had good but not great results (as compared to other rinseless products) from this product used as a rinseless wash. However I think a lot depends on your LSP and whatever toppers or boosters are on the surface. It's also more temperature sensitive imo than other rinseless washes. I had better results the warmer it was. Once it got below 45 degrees, not so good. Where I come from that's a huge factor. I did two cars yesterday... It was about 43. One with UWW and the other with Uber. Side by side in the same garage. UWW was almost too easy whereas Uber was a bit more finicky. One car is coated, the other with FK1000p. My point is that so many factors can effect your results that when somebody writes a different view it's a good thing. No manufacturer can test all the variables. Unfortunately in this business you can spend a fortune finding out what works best for you.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't used it as rinseless yet myself only waterless twice. But I was wondering OP what your current fav rinseless is, it's nice to get feedback from others in the real world not just coming in praising a product cause it's sold here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast