autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Just call me Mr. Mom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mothers Wax Attack 2 Polisher

I have no idea, and the person I need to ask is off today.

I've been more interested in how it worked than the technical specs, but I'll find out and let you know.

Keep in mind the kit is designed to work as a system, and it's the results of everything working together that counts.
    Last edited by forrest@mothers; 11-25-2015 at 03:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by forrest@mothers View Post
    I have no idea, and the person I need to ask is off today.

I've been more interested in how it worked than the technical specs, but I'll find out and let you know.

Keep in mind the kit is designed to work as a system, and it's the results if everything working together that counts.
    Ok.
    Thanks Forrest.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

I'm curious as well since I pulled the padlock off my wallet and bought one of these kits a few days ago. A Christmas gift to myself. I need it to remove swirl marks and if that requires several applications of the entire three step process that's ok. However if it cannot do this type correction then I will be somewhat disappointed. Time will tell.

The recessed pad designed to cover the backing plate as a protection against damaging the painted surface is a good idea, but does that suggest I will only be able to use the Mothers pads or are other pads available with similar recessed design....or does that really matter I wonder?

Bob

Just call me Mr. Mom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wxonwxoff View Post
    I'm curious as well since I pulled the padlock off my wallet and bought one of these kits a few days ago. A Christmas gift to myself. I need it to remove swirl marks and if that requires several applications of the entire three step process that's ok. However if it cannot do this type correction then I will be somewhat disappointed. Time will tell.

The recessed pad designed to cover the backing plate as a protection against damaging the painted surface is a good idea, but does that suggest I will only be able to use the Mothers pads or are other pads available with similar recessed design....or does that really matter I wonder?

Bob
    Mike was kind enough to shoot a how-to video with the machine a few weeks ago. Yancy mentioned yesterday he'd get it on the Wax Attack page in a day or 2.

As for pads, there are replacement pads available - the part number is 90033. I haven't sent all the info to AutoGeek yet to get them added, but they will have them.

Please keep in mind it's a system that's made to work together. Using other pads or products will likely leave you disappointed.

I sent a machine to Mike in October, and he tried it with his favorite pads and polishes. It didn't work well and Mike was concerned the machine was not up to AutoGeek standards. I asked him to try again with our pads and products, and it worked fine.

If Mike was happy with its performance, I hope you would be, too.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll keep an open mind, and hope for the best. I don't wish to become a car detailer just to care for my own car BETTER than I can do with a can of wax and a stack of microfiber towel. Got to handle swirl marks or it's of questionable value to me though...time will tell.

Thanks for the pad part number Forrest...

Bob

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the link...

Bob

Post Thanks / Like

Hello folks - where can i find the specs for this machine?

I like it because it is cheap, perfect for a beginner like me. I guess my real question is, can i plug this in a 220 volt outlet?

Just call me Mr. Mom
    Post Thanks / Like

Your best bet will be to contact us during west coast business hours. 714-891-3364 and ask for Jimmy D, or email him jimd(at)mothers.com

It is a 110v machine though, since it is sold here in the US. If you'll let Jimmy D know what country you're in, he may be able to steer you towards a source with 220v availability.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by forrest@mothers View Post
    Your best bet will be to contact us during west coast business hours. 714-891-3364 and ask for Jimmy D, or email him jimd(at)mothers.com

It is a 110v machine though, since it is sold here in the US. If you'll let Jimmy D know what country you're in, he may be able to steer you towards a source with 220v availability.
    Thank you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12