autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Meguiars Rinse Free Wash Quick Review

I finally had a chance to use my Meguiar's Rinse Free Wash. I was getting ready to do some driving and wanted a clean car before hitting the road.

The wash is blue and has a nice smelling scent. I used two bucket wash method with the soap mixture in one bucket and water with a grit guard in a second bucket.

For wash media, I used Duragloss Wash mitts and dried with a Mothers Drying Towel (large dual pile) and a PakShak towel to do the clean up.

My initial reaction with the first wipe was that I really liked this stuff. It wet the surface evenly. All other rinseless soaps I have used (ONR, BF, DP, etc.) feel like you are washing with a liquid detailer. They all like to bead and often sheet off depending on LSP condition. The Meguiar's does not bead for me but just coated the surface so it has a more traditional wash feel which I liked. I do not know if this translates into a better wash but just felt more natural.

It cleaned well and also drizzles well down the paint where you load up a mitt then squeeze it to release wash before going over the paint.

I also really enjoyed the fact that my media did not stain. I could rinse them clean in the rinse bucket. I typically used 5 to 6 mitts with an ONR and do not need to use as many with Meg's.

I ended up cleaning the wheels with Sprayway Glass Cleaner and dressed the tires with PB's Bold n Brite (my favorite AIO tire dressing)

Summary: This is my favorite rinseless and if you are hesitant about rinseless or know someone who is I encourage to start with this product. The two aspects are wash feel and not staining media.

30mm, 1/25 sec @ f7.1, ISO3200
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Meguiars Rinse Free Wash Quick Review

It's without a doubt the best cleaning rinseless product. And isn't that what it's all about? Stuff like gloss enhancers are marketing fluff imo when it comes to other similar products. This stuff just plain cleans like crazy.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiars Rinse Free Wash Quick Review

I don't think any other Rinseless Wash product even comes close to D114. Most products just feel like you are washing the car with colored water. This seems to clean better and I do agree it feels more like a traditional wash (suds up). This product can also be used as waterless wash at 128:1 so you only need one product. D114 will power thru even the dirtiest of cars without a problem

Post Thanks / Like

It's good stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

D114 is awesome but I recently tried Wolfgang Rinseless and it's also really good. They both are very good cleaner but the one thing that makes me like Wolfgang more is how easy it is to dry. I know it sounds weird but something about drying Wolfgang that makes me like it more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

D114 is my goto wash method, only I use the Gary Dean method. I also add a pre-step where I mist each panel with D114 before washing. I follow up with Megs D156 to add some protection.

Post Thanks / Like

How many towels do you use on average, per wash?^

Post Thanks / Like

Used it as a waterless yesterday, has really good cleaning ability and I needed it to prep this dirty mustangMeguiars Rinse Free Wash Quick Review-imageuploadedbyagonline1448183994-404216-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

I also used it on a mustang this weekend. However I used it as a rinseless. I wasn't a fan of the smell, but I loved how well it worked