autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating

I received this product to test out as I was one of the lucky ones chosen to review the new products!

Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating

Comes in a syringe with 15cc of product. I asked Nick if this would be enough to coat my entire Mustang and he replied back saying it would be enough to cover the car 3 times over! It also comes with a MF towel and applicator(which I liked very well).

Before I begin my process and thoughts, I wanted to mention my car was coated with Pinnacle Black Label V2. I foamed my car, clayed, then used Uber Compound to remove any mild swirls and the PBL Coating.

I then sprayed on the Wolfgang Perfekt Finish Paint Prep...

It evaporates rather quickly, reminded me of Rubbing Alcohol. I spread it out with a microfiber towel and buffed over area again with a clean MF. In some ares I sprayed a little too much as it seemed to "grab" and was a little stickier. By the way... I LOVE the smell of this product. Reminds me of Strawberry Big League Chew bubble gum. Great smell! After prepping the entire car with the spray, it was time to coat!

Opening the tip from the syringe cannot be done with your fingers, unless your the Hulk. I had to use pliers to grip and twist the tip from the syringe. I then inserted the blue tip and twisted it in tightly.

Having never used a syringe before to apply anything, I was very cautious with how much pressure I used when pushing the plunger. It seemed to take light pressure to get the product "flowing". I applied 1 thin line across the face of the pad and began working the pad north/south on the hood in small, overlapping passes. It seemed like there was way to much product being applied, which you can see here...

I waited about a minute before going over high spots (left over product) with the applicator pad. I then waited another minute or so before buffing with a clean MF.

For each following panel/section I dialed back the product a bit and only used 2, or 3 dots.

This seemed to be the "sweet spot" as it worked much better.

Once the entire car was finished, I called it a night. Next day, I pulled the car out to check it over. I was deflated to say the least! Hood was completely covered with high spots and streaks. I attempted to buff this off with a new MF but clearly it wouldnt as it had dried/cured over night. I contacted Nick and he suggested I use my Wolfgang Glaze 3.0 on the areas with high spots and then use the prep spray and reapply coating. This was obviously my fault as I used way too much product on the hood. At any rate, I followed Nicks suggestion. Applied the Glaze to the entire hood, by hand. The buffed it away. Followed that with the Wolfgang Perfekt Finish Paint Prep, and then did the Coating to the hood....with just 2 drops on the pad. This went much, much better and any remaining product after the minute waiting period, buffed away with ease. As I was doing my final wipe down, the car seemed as if it had a glassy look to it and my deflated feeling began to disappear!

Before the final images my thoughts...

It is very easy to apply, if you dont use to much product! I always laugh when I see people say "A Little Goes A Long Way" but its actually very true here!
    Once I figured out my technique, it was rather easy.

I have previously used DP Paint Coating, PBL Paint Coating V1 and V2. I cannot comment on the durability or how well this protects but I can comment to the looks compared to the others I have used. I would put Uber a top the list as it relates to gloss and the glassy look. PBL V2 is a very, very close second. For me, Uber seemed to allow for a longer "working" period before it "evaporated". PBL V2 is again, a very close second here. The working time is great for PBL but it does flash faster than Uber. I think that is one important factor when the average Joe is considering a coating. One last comparison... I believe I used more product when applying PBL V2, due to it flashing faster. I am amazed at how little product you need to use with this Ceramic Coating! I believe I only used 4cc, and thats after having to reapply the Hood! I wont get into how thick the Coating will be, as I dont know. I know thats being discussed here in another thread.

Final shots...

Yes....I need to finish my tires!

Its hard capturing just how much pop the metallic flakes truly have. I honestly can say the pictures do not do this coating justice! Enjoy, and thanks for reading. Comments, questions, all welcomed!

And lastly, thank you to all the Veterans and Active Military!!!

This is the only image I did any editing to, which was to hide house number...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating

Sweet! Thanks for the review!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review! Thanks for sharing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DeansDetailing View Post
    Sweet! Thanks for the review!

Quote Originally Posted by Sicoupe View Post
    Nice review! Thanks for sharing
    Thanks. I know coatings are a pretty hot topic so hopefully this can help someone decide if a coating is something they want to try. 😊

Post Thanks / Like

nice dude. this stuff looks like a winner.

one thing i wanted to mention is this apparently uses the same syringe and blue tip as OPT coatings and i don't even use the blue tips. no need. you can either drip it on as needed or touch the syringe to the applicator and press lightly.
    '09 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG / '14 Audi Q5 3.0 S-Line / '99.5 Pathfinder SE

I DO NOT support or recommend Oakes.

Post Thanks / Like

Great review StangFan! Your Mustang is looking sweet!
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome review Jason!

Quote Originally Posted by builthatch View Post

one thing i wanted to mention is this apparently uses the same syringe and blue tip as OPT coatings and i don't even use the blue tips. no need. you can either drip it on as needed or touch the syringe to the applicator and press lightly.
    We do not use the same syringe or dispenser tip as Optimum.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review Jason! That metallic blue paint looks great now. I can't wait to give this product a go.

Kind off surprised that Finishing Glaze applied by hand leveled the high spots and streaks. I suppose the coating wasn't fully hardened.

Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post
    Awesome review Jason!

We do not use the same syringe or dispenser tip as Optimum.
    that's good to know because it looks just like it. i tried to find one when i walked by the booth at the show but didn't see it. then again i was in a rush.

so you can't use the syringe without the blue tip that the OP was talking about?
    '09 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG / '14 Audi Q5 3.0 S-Line / '99.5 Pathfinder SE

I DO NOT support or recommend Oakes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by builthatch View Post
    Thanks! I agree, this coating is an excellent product! Anxious to see how it holds up long term!

Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
    Great review StangFan! Your Mustang is looking sweet!

Thank you! Appreciate the compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post
    Awesome review Jason!

Thanks, Nick. I know how long and hard you've personally worked on this coating. You should feel very proud. Great work Nick!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DedicatedPerfection View Post
    Nice review Jason! That metallic blue paint looks great now. I can't wait to give this product a go.

Kind off surprised that Finishing Glaze applied by hand leveled the high spots and streaks. I suppose the coating wasn't fully hardened.

Thanks for sharing.
    Thank you! I tried my best to capture the popping flake, not very easy to do and the images don't show just how amazing the coating looks!

I was also surprised when Nick suggested the Glaze. I assume the minor cutting power is the reason. Whatever the reason, it worked!

I look forward to hearing your thoughts once you give it a try!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast