autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating

Thought I'd give a small update. I recently was caught out in rain while driving home, so was anxious to give the coating a wash.

Today I decided to wash it with the new Uber Rinseless. As soon as I ran the MF across the first dirty panel, I was impressed with how easily it wiped away the rain spots and dirt! The Rinseless is a dream to work with. The coating made it that much easier to clean. These 2 products paired together are a perfect pair! The gloss and shine after washing was stunning. Yes the Rinseless does leave behind a slick shine, but this coating is spectacular. I apologize for not getting any pictures. Next time I do maintenance, I'll be sure to snap some!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job, great looking car. Do you plan to put anything on top of the coating? Or is this not neccessary? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Topping a coating should be a felony unless its specifically designed for the particular coating.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by parshooter View Post
    Nice job, great looking car. Do you plan to put anything on top of the coating? Or is this not neccessary? Thanks
    I'm not sure yet. Previous coatings I did top with Souveran paste wax or Synergy. But with this Uber coating, I don't think it's really needed as the gloss and shine is much better than previously used coatings. That said, I plan to ask Nick if Synergy would work well with it, as Synergy is designed to work with coatings.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StangFan25 View Post
    I'm not sure yet. Previous coatings I did top with Souveran paste wax or Synergy. But with this Uber coating, I don't think it's really needed as the gloss and shine is much better than previously used coatings.
    This coating looks amazing. The appearance is as good, or probably better, than any LSP that I've ever used. So I agree with you, I don't think topping it with anything is necessary. In fact, if anything, I would be worried that it would actually have a negative impact on the coating.

Post Thanks / Like

Older thread but figured I'd ask since I just got an email from AG about this coating and it has me interested now...

My normal procedure when detailing our cars would be, wash, clay, wash, inspect paint and do whatever corrective actions needed, then polish, seal, wax..

With this product is it taking the place of my normal sealant (klasse) that I use? And or do I not wax after this either?

Sorry for the silly question but I'd hate to mess something up after spending $150 for the product and do a step that I should not normally do in the process...etc.

And to those that have used this product can we get a long term update as far as the claims on how long it lasts?

Thanks,
    -Nigel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NewShockerGuy View Post
    Older thread but figured I'd ask since I just got an email from AG about this coating and it has me interested now...

My normal procedure when detailing our cars would be, wash, clay, wash, inspect paint and do whatever corrective actions needed, then polish, seal, wax..

With this product is it taking the place of my normal sealant (klasse) that I use? And or do I not wax after this either?

Sorry for the silly question but I'd hate to mess something up after spending $150 for the product and do a step that I should not normally do in the process...etc.

And to those that have used this product can we get a long term update as far as the claims on how long it lasts?

Thanks,
    -Nigel
    The short answer to your question is yes. It will replace the application of your sealant. Now for an explanation.

You have the beginning steps right in that you need to wash, clay, and correct the paint to as near of a perfect finish as you can. Afterwards, you will need to strip the paint of any polishing oils that may have been left behind after the polishing step. To do this safely you will want to use a dedicated product that strips paint while leaving enough lubrication as to not scratch the paint you just spent hours polishing. I personally have only used Wolfgang Perfekt Finish Paint Prep, which smells like bubblegum and is quite pleasant. But there are several other brands on AG to choose from as well.

After the paint is stripped you will want to apply the coating per the manufacturers instructions. Be sure to carefully inspect each panel for any excess product that may not have been spread and wiped off. Most coatings require at least a 12 hour cure time in which you need to keep the paint as clean and protected from the elements as possible. When the cure time is up you're good to go. No need to apply any sealant or wax as it can actually be counterproductive to the benefits of the coating. A gentle wash should be the only care needed through the duration of the coating, which will vary depending on the elements the vehicle endures.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12