autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Car Pro Essence Reviewed! 6 Months of Testing by OCDetail

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmooth View Post
    YEAH! Rasky didn't post this! I just called him out for being an my "ultra elitist buddy" We have a saying in the shop that comes specifically when it comes to removing rear mounting brackets on an audi.
    Customer : "do you remove the mounting bracket on my s4 to do behind the rear plate holder"
    Me : No
    Customer : "Why not?"
    Me : RASKY APPROVED MF'er! That means its ok
    Customer : OHHHHH #### like the Rasky? The all mighty defect slaying, truth teller light using, perfectionist with cute dogs Rasky?
    Me: Yes that one
    Customer : Then the plate stays if its Rasky approved #####!@
    Made me LOL at my desk

Retired Professional Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sealthedeal View Post
    Thanks Avi. Could you please mention how essence would work as our typical glaze alternate. For an average joe with a detailing sense , Does it fill the average swirls well on an un-corrected surface (assuming the surface is clayed/cleansed)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This really depends on the paint. On harder paints like an MBZ I saw very little actually defect removal or filling but on softer paint I was able to achieve insane results in a one step. I'd just do a test spot before assuming it will work in every instance. Essence plays extremely well with Megs microfiber disc so thats a good place to start!

Post Thanks / Like

Used this on a Charger I was working on earlier this week. Pretty darn impressive. The gloss was nothing short of intense.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Car Pro Essence Reviewed! 6 Months of Testing by OCDetail-1447972779373-jpg   Car Pro Essence Reviewed! 6 Months of Testing by OCDetail-1447972858245-jpg  
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Used it today on my uber soft Acura paint. Got 80% correction/fill in one pass.. 2nd pass brought it to 90%. Gloss was pretty nice, but my car was shiny anyways, so was a little hard to tell. Very little dust. Very easy to buff off. Topped qith Cquartz and my car looks better than ever.

One con: working time was short, by the time i was going for a 2nd pass it appeared as if there was no product left. I was applying and "X" of polish every pass. Megs MF cutting disc.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrs1418 View Post
    Used it today on my uber soft Acura paint. Got 80% correction/fill in one pass.. 2nd pass brought it to 90%. Gloss was pretty nice, but my car was shiny anyways, so was a little hard to tell. Very little dust. Very easy to buff off. Topped qith Cquartz and my car looks better than ever.

One con: working time was short, by the time i was going for a 2nd pass it appeared as if there was no product left. I was applying and "X" of polish every pass. Megs MF cutting disc.
    Reflect also has a very short working time.
    Former professional detailer. Current medical student (class of 2023)

2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t AWD

Post Thanks / Like

Not to play devils advocate but what I gather from OP is that this can correct, fill and also serve as a semi coating?

I wanted to research before placing this in my cart so I checked the carpro forum. I see nothing about it providing any form of protection from the discussion on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A2D Signature View Post
    Not to play devils advocate but what I gather from OP is that this can correct, fill and also serve as a semi coating?

I wanted to research before placing this in my cart so I checked the carpro forum. I see nothing about it providing any form of protection from the discussion on it.
    Well if you checked the dedicated thread it's in there for sure. Right from the beginning.
    Former professional detailer. Current medical student (class of 2023)

2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t AWD

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have to use a MF pad? What about LC hybrid pad use? I have a daily driver in decent shape -- last correction 6 months ago -- so I am considering trying Essence with the LC pad that gives the right amount of light correction and gloss.

Any thoughts here?

Post Thanks / Like

1) How would you describe the cut level of Essence compared to say P085RD / SF4500? It sounds like Essence has Reflect abrasives in it and therefore has a bit more cut than these Menzera products.

2) For a brand new car that does not need much of any defect correction, would you recommend this product over the Menzerna polishes? I am using Optimum Gloss Coat as my LSP.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vantagesc View Post
    1) How would you describe the cut level of Essence compared to say P085RD / SF4500? It sounds like Essence has Reflect abrasives in it and therefore has a bit more cut than these Menzera products.

2) For a brand new car that does not need much of any defect correction, would you recommend this product over the Menzerna polishes? I am using Optimum Gloss Coat as my LSP.

Yvan (who handles Optimum in Canada) mentioned (on FB detailing page) gloss coat isn't compatible with Essence per his testing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast