I was a lucky recipient of the recent giveaway of new products and am just getting around to posting my first review after returning from SEMA.

Had I had only my cars to try this glass cleaner out on, it would not have been that good of a review. But, I had brought my car into the dealer, and rented a car from Enterprise. If anybody has ever rented from Enterprise local market, their cars are notoriously disgusting. The 2014 Honda Accord I received was no exception. I dont think the windows had ever been cleaned on the inside since they put the car into service. I could hardly see out of them. However, the challenge was trying to capture the filthiness and film on them in photo, not easy.

This is the new glass cleaner from Wolfgang. If my memory serves me correctly, it has a somewhat citrus scent and is kinda milky in color, like fat free milk. It definitely was not clear.

Trying to capture how cloudy and filmy these windows were proved to be very difficult. My phone camera just did not see them the way I did. Even if I did not have a window cleaner to test, I would have still cleaned these windows just to drive the car! For $9.99 a day rental, can I really complain?

What appears to still be film is either on the outside or my carelessness. I followed the instructions and it seemed to do quite a good job of cutting through the film and with a second wipe, leaving the windows streak free.

My towel after cleaning the INSIDE windows only!

Part of this products feature is it is supposed to leave some rain repellent behind. PERFECT! I had a car with untreated exterior windows! Testing this on my cars would have been to no avail. The results were interesting. What I found was I didnt get water beading on glass like a typical glass treatment, but it did have some effect.

Windshield with half cleaned with the cleaner.

Half of the rear window.

Side Glass. On this window I actually used the glass polish on half of it, which was the same half I used the cleaner on afterwards.

From these pictures you can see the cleaner does have an effect on water repellency, but not in the same effect a full blown coating or treatment would. There was not much in the way of water beading, the the glass did clear the water faster on its own vs the non cleaned areas.

In all honesty, I hardly ever use window cleaners. I generally just mist water on the inside of my windows to clean them. Never use a dedicated window cleaner on the exterior windows because they get cleaned when I wash my car. With that said, I found no fault with this cleaner. The fact it is safe on tinted windows in a plus. It had a pleasant scent and did not leave any streaks when used as directed. Its water repelling ability is fair at best, but perhaps like a good quick detailer will only enhance the life of already treated glass.