autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Product Review: Wolfgang Perfekt Vision Glass Polish

This is a product review of the newly released Wolfgang Perfekt Vision Glass Polish. With winter approaching I figured it was time to get some type of coating on my daily driver for work. It's a 2009 Dodge Charger and has over 113,000 miles own it. I wanted to apply DP Glass Coating but with the high daily mileage and highway driving that the car sees the windshield was in serious need of a cleanup prior to the coating application.

Product Description

Wolfgang Perfekt Vision Glass Polish is a citrus-based chemical cleaner infused with a blend of glass-safe abrasives designed to gently remove water spots, road film, and other common contaminants that are often found on the windshield of a daily driver. The specially-milled abrasives remove the offending contaminants without scratching glass. Apply by hand with a terrycloth applicator or by machine with a soft foam polishing pad.

Wolfgang Perfekt Vision Glass Polish also works wonders at removing tree sap and stubborn bug splatter from glass. It works at a microscopic level to gently break up and remove contaminants from the pits, pores and valleys in the glass. Trust me when I say that your glass has never been cleaner!

Price: $15.99 for 16 oz.

Application

Since the windshield just needed a quick cleanup before the coating, I decided against breaking out my PC and opted for a foam applicator and a short nap micro fiber towel for removal. Prior to application, I cleaned the glass with Wolfgang Perfekt Vision Glass Cleaner and microfiber glass towel. I applied a small amount of Wolfgang Perfekt Visoin Glass Polish to the app and worked it in a circular motion making sure that I overlaped each of my passes.

Thoughts

1-Smell-The product has a very pleasant smell. It smells like bubblegum and with no "solvent' smell at all
    2-Application-Super easy to use and remove. Even using the product by hand the product was easy to spread and didn't dry up fast. Removal was a breeze.
    3-Results-Excellent. Wolfgang Perfekt Vision Glass Polish easily removed many of the bug stains and other road grime that a basic glass cleaner would not remove. I followed up with an application of DP Glass Coating. I would definitely recommend the product as it was very easy to use with excellent results. I was impressed with the results that I got my hand suspect that the results would be even better by machine.

Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Product Review: Wolfgang Perfekt Vision Glass Polish

So it's a pure polish with no protection?

Post Thanks / Like

I believe so. It says it's citrus-based. I guess I could have done an IPA wipe down prior to applying the coating. Maybe Nick will chime in.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

I just picked this polish up from the sema sale, I cant wait to give it a try myself.Nice , thanks for the review!
    2016 TOYOTA TACOMA TRD OFF ROAD PACKAGE

Post Thanks / Like

Curious why you opted for the DP coating when the Wolfgang Glass Cleaner has a coating already?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by StangFan25 View Post
    Curious why you opted for the DP coating when the Wolfgang Glass Cleaner has a coating already?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
    To me it sounds more like a sealant than a coating. Kind of like Pinnacle Exhaust Cleaner and Brightner. The product leaves behind a coating but from my personal use of the product, it's more like a metal sealant.

Hopefully Nick can chime in on that. I don't think the protective coating that the glass cleaner leaves behind is as durable as a dedicated glass coating.