autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Uber Coating Quick Review

This is my first coating that I have used. I wanted something to protect my wheels during the harsh PA winters. When I saw that Wolfgang's new coating was able to be used on various surfaces, I decided to give it a try. Eventually I want to apply to my glass and trim, just waiting for my G1 window coating to fade a bit. I will post my feedback as I find the time to apply the coating.

To start, I cleaned my wheels and then did two treatments of the Perfekt Paint Prep. I made sure that the wheels were completely dry.

The coating went on very easily, the first wheel I wasn't sure how much product to use. I used too little product in my opinion. I ended up adding more product and going over the wheel again. The second time, I felt like I used the perfect amount and felt like I "perfected" the application process. I waited one minute and leveled any high spots, I only saw 2 on the entire wheel. I waited another minute and removed with a MF towel.

I repeated the process on the other wheels. Each wheel felt like application went a little smoother.

I used about 2 CC total on all 4 wheels. I went over some areas twice to ensure proper coverage due to the intricate wheel design. For reference, my wheels are 18 inch diameter.

Pros:
    This being my first coating, I was nervous, these fears were eliminated after applying.

I noticed that the coating went on very easily and removed just as easily.

The product left a nice shine, the wheels feel very smooth.

High spots were very minimal, and easily able to be removed. This product is very user friendly especially for a beginner.

Cons:
    After application I noticed there were no instruction for how to clean the blue applicator tip. I would hate to have a clogged applicator tip for my next use. I soaked it in water with some MF cleaner., hopefully that was ok.

Overall, I am extremely pleased with the product. As stated this is my first coating, so I have nothing to compare it too. It reminded of Blackfire Crystal Seal in terms of application. What I mean is that when you apply it is such an easy process and the applicator simply glides over the surface. A little goes a very long way!

Some pictures:
    Uber Coating Quick Review-imageuploadedbyagonline1447013370-508105-jpgUber Coating Quick Review-imageuploadedbyagonline1447013389-590140-jpgUber Coating Quick Review-imageuploadedbyagonline1447013407-111669-jpgUber Coating Quick Review-imageuploadedbyagonline1447013449-781660-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Uber Coating Quick Review

Wheels look ready for a PA winter.
    2018 Colorado ZR2