autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: Wolfgang Perfekt Vision Glass Cleaner

Review: Wolfgang Perfekt Vision Glass Cleaner
    Wolfgang Perfekt Vision Glass Cleaner, tint safe glass cleaner

Description: (Taken from AG's website)

Cleans glass so well you might think it’s invisible!

My team is a diverse one when it comes to which aspect of car care we each enjoy most. The head of product development for Wolfgang Car Care loves washing his car; my secretary is obsessed with keeping her wheels clean, and my production manager enjoys cleaning and protecting his dashboard to keep it spotless and well protected. My peculiarity – or quirk as my team would call it – is glass. I’m not happy until my glass is so clean that it’s nearly invisible. Honestly, this has been a challenge with a market that’s filled with subpar glass cleaners, so I set out to develop my own.

Wolfgang Perfekt Vision Glass Cleaner is absolutely, positively the best glass cleaner you will ever use. I’m so confident in its performance that I wanted to name it Bob’s Magical Glass Cleaner, but my team – bless them – talked me out of it. So we named it Perfekt Vision Glass Cleaner instead. If you’re wondering, the “k” is on purpose – this is a German brand after all!

Wolfgang Perfekt Vision Glass Cleaner is different than any other glass cleaner. German technology made it possible to formulate a professional strength cleaner without relying on alcohol and ammonia. That’s right – Perfekt Vision Glass Cleaner is formulated without alcohol and ammonia, the two most common ingredients found in most glass cleaners. For this reason Perfekt Vision Glass Cleaner is 100% tint safe.

Wolfgang Perfekt Vision Glass Cleaner relies on advanced chemistry instead of inexpensive, high-octane cleaners. Don’t be fooled though, this intense cleaner is strong enough to cut through the tough stuff, including fresh water spots, vinyl fogging, grease, grime, and even smoker’s film! What’s more, Perfekt Vision Glass Cleaner imparts a hydrophobic coating that causes water to bead up and be whisked off the glass at speeds in excess of 30 mph, improving safety by increasing visibility in wet-weather conditions.

Arguably the most important aspect of any glass cleaner is ease of use, and we’ve got that covered as well. Perfekt Vision Glass Cleaner doesn’t streak or smear, and it wipes off without creating a hazy finish. What you’re left with is glass so clean that it’s almost invisible!

I travel to car shows all over the country, and I can honestly say that 9 out of 10 people don’t know how to properly clean glass. First and foremost, never attempt to clean glass that’s hot to the touch. Second, spray a liberal amount of cleaner directly onto the glass and wipe away residue using a Microfiber Glass Towel. Last, but certainly not least, spray the section you just cleaned with a FINE MIST of glass cleaner and use a second, CLEAN, DRY Microfiber Glass Towel to perform the final wipe. Use plenty of towels – one or two won’t cut it.

Price:
    $19.99 for 32oz
    $31.99 for 64oz
    $39.99 for 128oz

The Review:

Here's a picture of the product description and instructions:

This product seems to have better attributes compared to other glass cleaners in the market. Alcohol and ammonia free, tint-safe and the most intriguing, a built-in water repellent! It's a brilliant feature!

Here are before pictures of my car's rear glass:

As you can see, the rear glass looks pretty dirty. It has a good coating of dirt from a driving around town and a previous rain storm. As you know, the rear section of the car accumulates a lot of dirt.

Instructions said to spray the glass cleaner directly to the glass.

Use a clean microfiber towel to wipe the dirt away from the glass.

After the initial pass, flip your microfiber towel to a dry side or use a second clean and dry microfiber towel to dry any remaining solution residue.

Here's a 50/50 shot after using this product:

I didn't really like the product being sprayed directly on the glass because it was creating a lot of overspray. Sometimes, the product would even run down and hit the paint. I'm not exactly sure if this product is safe for paint if not wiped off immediately. I prefer to spray the glass cleaner directly to the microfiber towel to avoid this problem:

I also tried this glass cleaner on the inside window of my vehicles. It is definitely safe for tints as it didn't do anything bad to damage it.

This product has a very pleasant smell. It smells either like bubblegum or some kind of fruit. It didn't smell like a chemical product at all. I hate glass cleaners that smell like chemicals because it makes it very hard to work with.

This product also cleaned the dirt very well with ease. The cleaner also didn't streak at all but I think this is a function of the towel's saturation level. So long as you don't have a heavily damp towel then the cleaner shouldn't streak. That's why they're suggesting to use a second towel to do your final wipe.

The only con I have with this product is the price. It's a little steep IMO for a glass cleaner.

Here are the afters:

Conclusion:

I think this product works extremely well as advertised. It's an extremely safe and easy to use glass cleaner. The hydrophobic aspect of the cleaner makes it an attractive product. There no need to apply rain-x, a spray wax or a sealant on your windshield anymore! The glass becomes so clear after cleaning it, giving you the Perfekt Vision!
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Wolfgang Perfekt Vision Glass Cleaner

Nice review!

Have you had it on the inside of your windows long? I've not tried it, but have been told that a hydrophobic coating on the inside of the windshield will increase fogging.

Post Thanks / Like

Great review Marc, and nice documentation.

I agree that it is a bit expensive compared to most concentrates, but compared to something like Invisible Glass or sprayway aersols, I think it's a good deal as those cans don't go very far; and it also has the hydrophobic properties.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hollerstiltner View Post
    Nice review!

Have you had it on the inside of your windows long? I've not tried it, but have been told that a hydrophobic coating on the inside of the windshield will increase fogging.

Can someone confirm this ???

I read above post with pic and said you could use it for inside windows,,

I bought it hoping it would help with inside of window

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review Marc!

•However...as a direct consequence (LOL!):

-Now it looks like that I'm going to have
    to do a little digging into the use of
    auto-glass cleaning products---that are
    said to contain "rain repellents"---on
    vehicles' interior auto-glass surfaces.

Note:
    This is something that I had never
    given much thought to before.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review!

During my test, I only used the cleaner on my passenger interior window and so far I have not seen a difference between that window and the rest of my car.

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Outstanding review Marc!

Wolfgang Perfekt Vision Glass Cleaner is about as safe a chemical as they come, so it will NOT cause harm to paint, rubber trim, etc. Unlike alcohol and ammonia based glass cleaners, over spray that lands on paint will NOT remove your LSP. Pretty cool, huh?

Also, it will not increase fogging when used on interior windows.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review! Great photos too. And I agree with you on spraying a MF instead of directly on the glass surface.

As far as the built in water repellency claims, I've seen this assertion made by many window cleaners but have never noticed it action.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review!

Thanks a lot for the feedback, hollerstiltner!

I cleaned my windows yesterday afternoon and so far, I haven't seen any fogging.

Under what circumstances are you speaking of? Right away? Or when it's cold or raining outside? I experience fogging in the inside glass when it's cold or raining outside even without using a glass cleaner though...

Quote Originally Posted by Audios S6 View Post
    Great review Marc, and nice documentation.

I agree that it is a bit expensive compared to most concentrates, but compared to something like Invisible Glass or sprayway aersols, I think it's a good deal as those cans don't go very far; and it also has the hydrophobic properties.
    Thank you so much, Audios S6!!! I appreciate that.

I didn't think of it that way. I haven't tried invisible glass or the sprayway aerosols. I've only used the Meguiar's perfect clarity as a comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    Nice review Marc!

•However...as a direct consequence (LOL!):

-Now it looks like that I'm going to have
    to do a little digging into the use of
    auto-glass cleaning products---that are
    said to contain "rain repellents"---on
    vehicles' interior auto-glass surfaces.

Note:
    This is something that I had never
    given much thought to before.

Bob
    Thank you so much for the compliments Bob! I appreciate your comment.

I'm with you - I also didn't really put a lot of importance with glass cleaning products before.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post
    Outstanding review Marc!

Wolfgang Perfekt Vision Glass Cleaner is about as safe a chemical as they come, so it will NOT cause harm to paint, rubber trim, etc. Unlike alcohol and ammonia based glass cleaners, over spray that lands on paint will NOT remove your LSP. Pretty cool, huh?

Also, it will not increase fogging when used on interior windows.
    Thank you so much for the compliment Nick!!! That really means a lot!

Thanks also for providing feedback on how safe this product is on paint. You really can't avoid overspray when you spray this product directly to the glass.

Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post
    Thanks for the review! Great photos too. And I agree with you on spraying a MF instead of directly on the glass surface.

As far as the built in water repellency claims, I've seen this assertion made by many window cleaners but have never noticed it action.
    Thanks a lot for the compliments, Angus! I appreciate it!

I guess I'll only be able to test the water repellent feature when I wash the car next time. It rarely rains here in AZ haha!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast