autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review - Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash

I was one of the individuals who received the new Wolfgang products as part of the recent giveaway. In return, I agreed to provide a review of the products. With that in mind, I will try to keep my review as objective as possible.

There has been a lot of talk already about Uber Rinseless and several people have had an opportunity to use this in advance of the release. It has gone by the name V17 to this point. I take that to mean version 17, so Nick and the crew went through several iterations to find a formulation they are proud to offer under the Wolfgang brand. With the collective experience within PBMG, I would not expect a product like this to under perform. But, it does have some stiff competition from UWW+ along with ONR, in my estimation, the kings of non-2BM washes.

Copy from AG

Soak a microfiber mitt or soft towel in the solution. Wash your vehicle one panel at a time, drying off each panel with a Guzzler Waffle Weave Drying Towel before proceeding to the next panel. The super slick German polymers in Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash encapsulate dirt particles, protecting your vehicle’s delicate clear coat paint from scratching as the wash mitt glides across the panel. When you agitate the wash mitt against the Grit Guard Insert in the bottom of your bucket, the dirt particles are released and then trapped by the Grit Guard. Ingenious!

We've got some encapsulation action going on here, which is great, super slick (I like that too). Waffle weave towel? Not my thing for rinseless, I prefer to use a thicker nap to ensure any remaining contamination has somewhere to go.

The wife's car had just been driven in the rain recently and was the perfect candidate for a rinseless wash....and waterless. Yup, Nick has confirmed that Uber can be used at 3oz :1 gallon as a waterless wash. The hood was relatively clean and still a bit wet so no film had formed. No note, this car is coated with 22PLE vx pro2 and topped with VS1, hard to remember what else may have made it's way to the paint, possibly a coat of hydro2.

I started with a waterless wash on the hood. Sprayed liberally until a had some slight runoff. Then used a single towel folded 4 ways in a serpentine motion to clean the hood. Not best practice to only use one side for the whole hood, but I wanted to see how well Uber was picked up by the towel and how much contamination remained within any leftover product. I dried with a second side of the same towel and found virtually no grime on the second side. The only thing that was not remvoed was a couple spots of sap as shown just to the right of the towel. I found the cherry scent very pleasant, my wife did not like it, my 4 year old was undecided. The product was quite slick, but a comparison to UWW+ will come later. And I found it cleaned very well and left no discernible residue. Quite happy with the results.

Next up was a rinseless wash on the rest of the car. There was quite a bit of road film here even for a short drive so a waterless wash would not cut it in my estimation. The vehicle was liberally sprayed with Uber at waterless concentration then followed with a rinseless wash using multiple presoaked towels 350gsm (GDM style). I wanted the 350s for a better feel on the paint as to how much drag I was getting, normally I use a 530.

In a similar fashion, and against better judgement, I used two sides of the towel to complete one side of the car, followed by one 530gsm to dry. Uber and the lower nap towels glided over the upper portions of the panel, on the lower portions there was some drag from the grime. After a few passes with the 350 towel, there was still some dirt suspended in solution on the paint, which was easily picked up with the 530 leaving a clean, dry panel. The only thing remaining were some tar spots as shown below. I followed up by trying both UWW+ and Uber at waterless dilutions to remove these spots, both required equal effort in removal and did just fine, neither exhibited exceptionally better slickness or encapsulation in this respect.

towel from one side of the car.

Remaining tar

Tar removed

Finally, I did the tailgate. This car is terrible with holding contaminants back there and so this was an opportunity to try both UWW+ and Uber. One half wash presprayed with UWW+, the other with Uber and Uber was used as the rinseless. I did note slightly more slickness on the UWW+ side, but I started there and the towel may have picked up additional contamination, so I went the other direction and got the same result, slightly more slickness from UWW+. Cleaning ability on both sides was equal.

tailgate before (sorry no afters)

And the glamour shot

Summary

I think Uber rinseless is a great addition to the Wolfgang family. It offers similar performance to UWW+ and ONR. I enjoy the scent. The price is consistent with similar products. Will I purchase it again? Hard to say, I'm torn between UWW+ and Uber. I will likely keep both around. I use UWW+ for light interior cleaning and it will be nice to have a different scent available if I (or a customer) has a particular preference.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash

Very nice review!!! One thing I've noticed with UWW+ (as opposed to ONR) is that my mitts/towels come absolutely clean after washing. How did the Uber rinseless perform in this respect??

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't washed the load yet, but I have experienced the same with UWW+, we'll find out tomorrow night on laundry Friday (I live such an exciting life)
    Static & Mobile detailing in Minneapolis & St. Paul. http://www.detailedcreationsmpls.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Great review buddy!

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice review. Thanks for the comparison mention. Time to wash the floor...

Keep us updated on the after wash condition of towels.

Post Thanks / Like

Great review!! Another great product added to the Wolfgang lineup
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DedicatedPerfection View Post
    Time to wash the floor...

you aren't kidding! It's terrible what a week of rain and wind will do, and it's admittedly even worse under my car, I put on a lot more miles. Fortunately, I cut down a tree out front that drops berries on the driveway. So no more tracking those in and staining the floor until spring.
    Static & Mobile detailing in Minneapolis & St. Paul. http://www.detailedcreationsmpls.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review! Can't wait till I get my bottle!
    Currently: 2014 Jet Black Mica Mazda 6

Previously: 2004 Milano Red Acura TSX

Post Thanks / Like

Great review. Just mixed up a bottle last night. Can't wait to give it a try this weekend.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

So this is a rinseless or waterless?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast