autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish

Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish

Description:

The polish and glaze in one that creates WHIPLASH!

BLACKFIRE Gloss Enhancing Polish is a remarkable finishing polish with a built-in glaze for the ultimate "wet-look." It visually reduces swirl marks while creating a deep gloss. It removes old waxes and sealants and cleans the paint's surface to prep it for a shiny coat of wax or paint sealant. Used before your LSP (last step product), BLACKFIRE Gloss Enhancing Polish improves the gloss and clarity of the finish. Professionals and enthusiasts know that polishing is must for a show car shine!

Directions:

Machine Application: Use a foam polishing pad on your dual action or rotary polisher. Apply four dime-size drops of product onto pad. Use a medium speed (4-5 on a DA polisher or 1,000 RPM on a rotary polisher) to work product into paint using an overlapping motion until haze starts to form. Immediately remove residue using a soft, dry microfiber towel. Work one section at a time.

Products Used:

1. Ultima Waterless Wash
    2. Lake Country Pink Pad
    3. Klasse AIO
    4. Chemical Guys MF towels
    5. Griots Garage 6" Polisher
    6. Rupes Swirl Finder Light

Conditions:

A buddy of mine brought his newly purchased silver Infiniti G35. He brought it through Mike's Carwash the day before, so I did a quick waterless wash on it to get it prepped. It was done indoors at about 70 degrees.

Application:

I hit the left front door with my swirl light and found some minor swirling. I decided to use a pink pad with my polisher at speed 4.5. I put a very small line across the pits in the pad and primed the pad for use. I went horizontally and vertically on the left front door as a whole. I wiped the polish off with my MF towel and inspected the results using the swirl finder light.

Review:

Overall, I liked this product. It was easy to apply and removed easily with a MF. There was no hazing left behind and I didn't have to apply any pressure to remove. It made little to no dust during application. Typically with swirls of this nature, I would have thought my orange LC pad would have worked best. I started with the pink pad as a less aggressive starting point. It removed 99% of the swirls. That being said, I am not sure if it truly removed 99% of the swirls or removed 50% of the swirls and covered the remaining 49%. This product is sold and marketed as a polish/glaze and aims to "visually reduce swirl remarks" so I am not 100% sure I removed them. It's also marketed as the final step before your LSP, so for that use I am guessing it worked very well. This customer purchased a basic paint correction package, so I followed this polish/glaze up with a coat of Klasse AIO and it looked awesome.

Final Thoughts:

Good product. Not sure I would choose this over my preferred polishes but it worked very well for the application I used it on for the review. I will for sure use it again in the future.

I posted two pictures of the paint swirls and two pictures of the door after the polish was removed. I didn't use something like pic stitch so you could really get a good luck at the results. The final sealant had not been applied in the photos; it was right after the polish was removed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Review: Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish-lt-door-swirls-jpg   Review: Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish-lt-door-swirls-2-jpg   Review: Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish-lt-door-after-jpg   Review: Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish-lt-door-after-2-jpg  

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish

Thanks for the review. To date I have only used this product as a cleaner prep for BFWDAFPP. The vehicles I have worked on were new and had good paint conditions so I applied with a red pad. As I am very new to polishing with a DA it is awesome to see the results of a zero cut cleaner with a more aggressive pad. This opens the door for me to do more testing with pad combinations before going more aggressive with polish or compound. Thanks for sharing your results and continuing my education.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review!

Since you followed it up with an AIO anyway, and since you were only doing a basic correction, could't you eliminate the GEP step? The AIO would remove light swirls, polish and protect all in one! And you'd end up with almost the same end result (granted, you may get silghtly better gloss with the GEP).
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Rose
    I am cursed for life because I can never look at beautiful paint without seeing the defects

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by davey g-force View Post
    Thanks for the review!

Since you followed it up with an AIO anyway, and since you were only doing a basic correction, could't you eliminate the GEP step? The AIO would remove light swirls, polish and protect all in one! And you'd end up with almost the same end result (granted, you may get silghtly better gloss with the GEP).
    The swirls were decent enough that the AIO wouldn't have been abrasive enough to remove them. I basically used them AIO as an insurance policy. Either way, I would have been able to test it and would have still needed a final coat of sealant.