autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Review of McKee's RV Bug Remover Lubricant-( limited basis review)

I am "semi" reviewing the McKee's Bug Remiver lubricant that Autigeek allowed me to receive and review. I say "semi" because I previously detailed the travel trailer back in July after we returned from our vacation trip to Florida. We put the trailer in a local shop for a few warranty type repairs once we returned home so there weren't many bugs on the front of the travel trailer to try to remove yesterday. We just have not had the opportunity to take the travel trailer anywhere lately, so it is currently just sitting parked in front of our house at the present time. Despite this limitation on my doing a complete and through review of a travel trailer covered in bug "parts", if you will, I decided to write up my impressions of this product anyways. Of course I realize that my review is not a true and accurate test since there weren't a lot of bugs on the front of our trailer to try to remove with this product. Whenever we get to take the travel trailer somewhere again, I will update this review after using to product to remove the bugs from the front of the trailer.

I had already washed the travel trailer with the McKee's Wash and Wax RV shampoo before I used this bug remover lubricant. Originally, I taped off the front of the travel trailer so I could show the difference between the washed only sections and the middle section I used the bug Remover lubricant on. However, you could not really see a difference in the three sections because the front section only had a few bugs on it ( overall) to begin with.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Review of McKee's RV Bug Remover Lubricant-( limited basis review)-image-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review of McKee's Bug remover lubricant-( limited basis review)

I used a ladder to climb up and spray the bug remover lubtpricant on the top of the travel trailer. The directions state work on a small 2" by 2 " section at a time. It also states to spray product on the bug residue and bug sponge. Furthermore, you are advised just using the weight of your hand pressure, to scrub the bug residue off the RV. Also, you are advised to use more of the lubricant product as needed. Because I did not have many bugs on the travel trailer to begin with, I used my long handled wash brush ( after spraying the surface of the front of the trailer down with the product ) to remove the few remaining bug residue that were still on the front of the trailer.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Review of McKee's RV Bug Remover Lubricant-( limited basis review)-image-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review of McKee's RV Bug Remover Lubricant-( limited basis review)

It was getting dark but this is how the front of the trailer looked after applying the bug remover. I know you can't really see it in this picture but the front was very clean !

Anyways, the product worked well on the few bugs I had on my travel trailer. Again, I will update this thread whenever wth take the travel trailer on a trip and get bugs all over it again. The product seems to do what it claims that t will do ( remove bug residue). I liked how it worked on my trailer albeit , it's use was only on a limited amount of bugs but it did the job in my case.