autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: REVIEW: Rinseless Wash Mitt

Love this mitt as well. However it is very similar to the Meg's mitt. I have this one exclusively for the rinseless and use the Meg's mitt for foam washes since its cheaper.

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

yea they are similar, but I actually like the Rinseless wash mitt better because it has a longer nape so I feel it would be "safer" at pulling contaminants away from the paint
    2010 Candy White Volkswagen CC - 170k and counting DD
    2006 DSOM C6 z06 - 22k miles

Post Thanks / Like

REVIEW: Rinseless Wash Mitt

Nothing. I've tried works as well for me as MF madness wash media for rinseless. I have the new rinseless wash mitt described in this thread and it's better than using MF towels, but can't compare imo to MF madness wash media. I don't even use MF towels anymore for rinseless. I use one MF madness sponge to wash and one damp MF madness pad for final wipe. The great thing about the MF madness sponge is that it holds way more solution as a MF towel so when you wipe it's releasing solution at such a high volume that it's literally washing contaminants away from the wash media like as if you were flooding the area with a hose at low pressure. This is huge because the media stays clean thereby not requiring anything more than a bucket and grit guard. I've washed dozens of cars before needing to clean the sponge in the washer. Hope AG sells them at some point.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    Nothing. I've tried works as well for me as MF madness wash media for rinseless. I have the new rinseless wash mitt described in this thread and it's better than using MF towels, but can't compare imo to MF madness wash media. I don't even use MF towels anymore for rinseless. I use one MF madness sponge to wash and one damp MF madness pad for final wipe. The great thing about the MF madness sponge is that it holds way more solution as a MF towel so when you wipe it's releasing solution at such a high volume that it's literally washing contaminants away from the wash media like as if you were flooding the area with a hose at low pressure. This is huge because the media stays clean thereby not requiring anything more than a bucket and grit guard. I've washed dozens of cars before needing to clean the sponge in the washer. Hope AG sells them at some point.
    u talking about the "incredi" sponge/mitt?....those do look pretty nice....I'd sure like to try one out
    2010 Candy White Volkswagen CC - 170k and counting DD
    2006 DSOM C6 z06 - 22k miles

Post Thanks / Like

Nice, I do A LOT of rinseless washes. It's time for me to upgrade to some new mitts.

I'm going to give this a try!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tony58 View Post
    I am back and forth on the Gary Dean method and the two bucket way.I can see pluses for both methods."The Junkman"will use nothing but the foam two bucket...
    The Junkman also is a bit of a hack IMO.

The GDWM will always be a safer method when compared to two bucket for rinseless. It is also quicker, and has less cleanup.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DasBurninator View Post
    The Junkman also is a bit of a hack IMO.

The GDWM will always be a safer method when compared to two bucket for rinseless. It is also quicker, and has less cleanup.

Using old school method vs new school method doesn't make Junkman a "hack". He has taught several thousand YouTube viewers how to polish paint and how to execute the two bucket wash method.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: REVIEW: Rinseless Wash Mitthttp://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tony58
    Just received the new Rinseless Wash Mitt yesterday.Nice and soft.Question:Would it be any pros or cons to using these on a regular foam full wash?

SeanChav wrote:I don't think it would be a problem....try it and report back here for us

Well.I've used the mitt twice now.Once on a full foam 3 bucket wash and on a rinseless wash.Worked great on both types.One of the things I like,the inside liner doesn't come out when your hand comes out.Think I'II retire my-Chenille Wash Mitt. I love my Optimum products but I'II have to pass on that sponge.mitt...

Post Thanks / Like

I used this mitt doing my very first rinseless wash with wolfgang rinseless. I have no other experience or comparison but it felt so right. The mitt never slipped or slid around on my hand. It seemed very soft and gentle but did a great job of cleaning. I have seen videos of people using MF towels instead but this mitt seems to make more sense and easier to use. I was very nervous about doing a Rinseless wash but after a couple of swipes I was at ease very quickly. Great first experience for a newbie like me.

Post Thanks / Like

I received this mitt through trade. I got to do a rinseless wash with it on two fairly dirty cars with D114 over the past two days.

It is a nice mitt, very soft, holds a decent amount of solution, and releases dirt well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123