autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: Pinnacle Exhaust Cleaner & Brightener

Review: Pinnacle Exhaust Cleaner & Brightener
    Pinnacle Exhaust Cleaner & Brightener

Description: (Taken from AG's website)

Cleans to remove stubborn dirt and soot, polishes to a mirror finish, and coats for long lasting protection

As the owner of Pinnacle Natural Brilliance, people expect my car collection to be cleaner and shinier than anyone else’s. Of course I’m going to be a bit biased, but that assumption is spot on. Here’s my secret: don’t overlook the small details! I go to car shows all over the world, and the recurring issue that I see over and over again is dirty exhaust tips covered in soot, road grime, oil, and grease. I have a solution, and it’s called Pinnacle Exhaust Cleaner & Brightener.

Having swirl-free paint means nothing if your glass isn’t streak-free, tires aren’t perfectly dressed, and exhaust tips aren’t polished to a mirror shine. Up until this point, Pinnacle Natural Brilliance had you covered for all of the above, except exhaust cleaning and polishing. Frankly, I was embarrassed being seen using other company’s metal polishes to clean my exhaust (and they didn’t even work that well to boot), so I assigned my best chemist to develop a cutting-edge metal polish designed specifically for the cleaning needs of exhausts.

Pinnacle Exhaust Cleaner & Brightener is a thick cream that is formulated using an advanced blend of all-natural cleaners, diatomaceous clay, and a durable anti-corrosion agent that protects the surface against heat and soot build up. Pinnacle Exhaust Cleaner & Brightener is not the least bit messy to use, and it’s easy enough that anyone can polish their exhaust tips to a mirror finish in just a few minutes.

The exhaust system on your vehicle functions to guide reaction exhaust away from a controlled combustion inside the engine and includes one or more exhaust pipes. Unburned oil and gas causes a build up of black soot on the exhaust tip, creating an unsightly appearance that draws attention away from the paint you spent hours polishing. Remove the exhaust soot and polish your tips to a mirror finish with Pinnacle Exhaust Cleaner & Brightener.

Like other car care products that bear the Pinnacle Natural Brilliance name, Exhaust Cleaner & Brightener is an all-natural formula that doesn’t contain any caustic chemicals that are harmful to you or the environment. The first time you crack the lid you’ll be pleasantly surprised at the beachy fragrance of Pinnacle Exhaust Cleaner & Brightener. When could that ever be said about a metal polish?!

Use Pinnacle Exhaust Cleaner & Brightener on polished, chrome and bare metal surfaces. Don’t stop at the exhaust tip! If you have a polished muffler, Pinnacle Exhaust Cleaner & Brightener will make it shine like a mirror. For best results, apply it using a Lake Country Exhaust Polishing Sponge.

Price:
    $24.99 for 5oz

Introduction:

Don't you hate it when your exhaust tips are black from all the soot produced by your engine? What makes it worse is when you see this on a properly detailed vehicle. Even if the exhaust tips is only a small object relative to the entire car, it becomes an eyesore when it's dirty.

Low and behold Pinnacle's new exhaust cleaner and brightener. A product that cleans your exhaust tips and shines them really well. This review is long overdue but my car isn't driven everyday and I have always cleaned up my exhaust tips after every wash. So I had to let some exhaust soot build up for this review. I asked a co-worker to let me clean his C7 Vette exhaust tips but no bueno...

The Review:

Here's a picture of the product description and instructions:

The product description intrigued me a lot. A product that polishes the exhaust tips to a mirror finish and leaves a protective coating to make future cleaning easier?! Sign me up please!

Here are before pictures of my exhaust tips:

As you can see, the tips are pretty black and well coated with soot. Just imagine seeing that from a clean and shiny vehicle. It just makes the detail incomplete like something's missing.

When you remove the lid of the product, you are greeted with a very pleasant smell. It's not overpowering at all. I can't exactly pinpoint the smell but it's very good. I would consider the product on the thick side. It has body to it and it doesn't drip at all.

Here I am picking up the cleaner using the Lake Country exhaust polishing sponge. As you can see, the product stays put.

Apply the product on your dirty exhaust tips and agitate it gently using the Lake Country exhaust sponge like so:

As I'm rubbing the sponge/product against the exhaust tips, you can see how it's cleaning the surface after every stroke. Little by little, you will see some shine emerge. Here's the sponge after cleaning one exhaust tip:

50/50:

After:

As you can see, the exhaust tips turned out pretty shiny! In fact, the finish looks like a mirror!

Overall, this product works well and exactly as advertised. You can't argue with the results it produced. The product is also a joy to work with because it has a pleasant smell and good consistency. Removal of the product is a breeze too. The only con I can see with this product is the price.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Pinnacle Exhaust Cleaner & Brightener

I have used this product with similar results. So far it has been reserved for my Volvo and my girlfriend's Mini. I think it may make its way to my upper tier packages.

Walter

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk
    2009 Volvo S60 2.5T Black 2011 Mini Countryman Oxford Green Metallic

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review Marc!

It looks like a good product, but the skeptic in me says that one could achieve the same thing with a good cleaner wax.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Rose
    I am cursed for life because I can never look at beautiful paint without seeing the defects

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by davey g-force View Post
    Thanks for the review Marc!

It looks like a good product, but the skeptic in me says that one could achieve the same thing with a good cleaner wax.
    Thanks a lot Davey!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review. It is a very pleasant smelling product, down right tasty smelling if you ask me. I constantly open the jar to take a sniff!

BUT DO NOT EAT IT!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaretr1 View Post
    Nice review. It is a very pleasant smelling product, down right tasty smelling if you ask me. I constantly open the jar to take a sniff!

BUT DO NOT EAT IT!!!
    Thanks a lot for the compliment Jaret!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow them tips are shiny again

Nice review Marc, thanks for sharing!

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Another top-notch review Marc!

Quote Originally Posted by davey g-force View Post
    You could use toilet bowl water to clean your windshield, or gasoline and a scotch brite pad to clean your exhaust - I could keep going, but I'm sure you get the point.

Pinnacle Exhaust Cleaner & Brightener, as the name and product description implies, was specially formulated for this specific material and application. Material being metal, and application being cleaning the type of contaminants that plague an exhaust tip. For that reason, it's going to work a lot better than any old product that would clean the surface simply from the action of rubbing it with a chemical and some type of applicator.

Post Thanks / Like

buuuuuuurrrrrn!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post

You could use toilet bowl water to clean your windshield, or gasoline and a scotch brite pad to clean your exhaust - I could keep going, but I'm sure you get the point.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post

Pinnacle Exhaust Cleaner & Brightener, as the name and product description implies, was specially formulated for this specific material and application. Material being metal, and application being cleaning the type of contaminants that plague an exhaust tip. For that reason, it's going to work a lot better than any old product that would clean the surface simply from the action of rubbing it with a chemical and some type of applicator.

Wait, you mean I should be using that handle on my toilet? I thought it was for lifting the tank up to bring out to the car.

I agree with Nick, if you see how this stuff melts away exhaust residue, it's clear that this was formulated for the purpose.

One question Nick, can this be safely used on tips other than steel/chrome finish, for instance, matte black tips?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast