autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Quick Review: Pinnacle Advanced Compound

Hello,

A friend of mine asked me to come over and help him polish and wax his minivan. We did it together a few years ago, but many automated car washes and accidents later and it was all swirled up again. This poor van has been hit on almost every body panel it seems.

The idea was just try and get it looking good, not perfect. We were not after a show car shine, or a Competition Ready finish!

I went over his house with my Rupes and some Advanced compound and hydrotech pads. He had already washed and clayed the van.

Here is what I can say, Advanced compound worked very well. It worked quickly (which was important in this case), finished well, and seemed to have a working time that was infinite! It did dust somewhat. It was very easy to wipe off as well.

We didnt have the time to go over the van with a polishing step, and it probably wasnt really needed to be honest. Given how quickly we were blowing through it, I would say we got 75-80% correction, which puts it in the top 1% of all minivans!!

We followed it up with Fuzion.

We were busy chatting that I didnt bother to take any before photos, or get a chance to take good outdoor after photos.

Pinnacle Advanced Compound, swirl remover

Wolfgang Fuzion Estate Car Wax contains real carnauba wax and paint sealant polymers to protect paint. ultimate show car wax, auto wax, paste wax,

In summation, I am not sure this was a truly good test of Advanced Compound. However, it did allow us to accomplish what we set out to relatively quickly.

My friend said this van was by far the best looking minivan in the pickup lane at school!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Quick Review: Pinnacle Advanced Compound

I am new to detailing as a hobby and have used Wolfgang Uber Compound on a work truck that is a 2002. This was the first time ever that this truck had been anything except washed. Same results as you mention fast and easy with great finish. I was shocked how easy it was to achieve such results.Since it is a hobby I am going to practice with Menzerna 4000 next before applying a sealant. Your van came out nice for what you described as a starting condition.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review Jaret! I agree, that black van looks great now.

Post Thanks / Like

Great job on the van! I love the Pinnacle Advanced Compound and Advanced Finishing Polish. I've had much success with both.