autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Son1c's Protowax (black car formula)

So I finally got around to using this wax, I've been looking forward to it for some time now but the wait is now over. I would like to say that right around the time I got the sample my back started acting up, so I had to wait, plus I was about to embark upon my annual trip to the Tail of the Dragon, 12th annual this year BTW.

I would like to thank Drew once again for picking me for this test, the winners were all over the board for their types of cars for sure, not saying they had to use it on their non-black car/vehicle because Drew said as much. That said, onto the review and then pics.

INTRO:

To start things off I twisted off the lid and took a whiff and the smell is that of licorice, so for those of you whom always seem to ask about the smell, well, there you go. So I then took a purple Meg's foam applicator and gave it quick spritz of Poorboy's QD to moisten things up. I then dabbed it in there a couple times until I felt there was enough on the pad and got to work. Since there were no directions I decided to do the "tried and true" one section at a time method. Doing this netted me NO dust and EASE of removal, very nice. This is very typical of the modern LSP, so tip of the cap to Drew for making this so easy to apply & remove. Since my car is so small it didn't take me very long to get the job done, couldn't have been easier to be quite honest.

RESULTS:

Below will be a number of pics, sorry if Iposted too many but this product deserves proper pics without a doubt. I applied this product in the shade and it was about 70 degrees, a beautiful day to say the least but by the time I was done my shade had moved a bit and what was discovered at that point was the way Protowax made the metallic in my paint JUMP! Anyone with a Chrysler product that's newer can attest to the amount of metallic in the paint,my car is NO exception!! The color is called Nero (black metallic) and even in the shade, without the sun moving in, you could see the black was darkened quite a bit, then when the sun moved in more the metallic flakes made themselves known that much more, stunning. I feel this product is going to be a winner without a doubt, getting it from an upstart and upstanding member of the AG makes it that much better. In this case I feel supporting the "little guy" is the way to go without a doubt, its a WIN WIN!

In closing if your looking for a product specially formulated to get the most out of your black or even dark colored car, this is a fine choice that I highly recommend. As with ANY product though, make sure you have your paint polished as good as it can be to take FULL advantage of the looks of this wax and you will be rewarded with a breathe taking look!

Onto the pics...

The product itself:

Right after being done, kinda in the shade.

I feel the next 2 pics speak volumes about the look of this Protowax Black Wax!

Here's me in the shade, how do you guys like my shirt, LOL!

...and now for a completely different look, out in the sun!

Forgot my little detailing brush so PLEAE forgive me, LOL!

Ok, now I backed into some shade for these pics to give yet another look and angle.

Nice shot right here IMO!

Those are all the pics I took this afternoon after applying 1 coat of the Son1c Protowax Black Wax, thanks for looking and please keep in my mind that I took them with my camera phone which is an LG G3.

Comments and/or questions are welcomed
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Son1c's Protowax (black car formula)

Looks great, Roger.

I thought the Black Protowax applied very easily and a little went a long way. My neighbor got the benefit of the application, and she still thinks her car looks great. Still beading well at 2 weeks now.

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Kevin and I couldn't agree more about the application and removal. I would like to know more about durability because the days of being able to apply wax are running out, although I do have access to a warm garage if need be. If this wax has great durablity I will skip applying #476 and ride it out with Protowax Black Was for a true endurance test!

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I plan on applying a 2nd coat this afternoon, especially since its supposed to be almost 80 degrees. Most waxes have a 12 hr cure time and since I'm past that now I'm good to go.

Once again, this product really made a difference on my metallic black paint and I highly recommend it👍

Post Thanks / Like

Too many swirls!!!!

JK..

Car looks great, Roger.
    CURRENT: Happily Retired
    PAST: Owner at Clean N' Shiny, Chicago Auto Pros

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Most waxes have a 12 hr cure time and since I'm past that now I'm good to go.
    Eh? There may be plenty of sealants that require a 12 hr. cure time but I consider most waxes to be "cured" as soon as the solvent evaporates. Unless you are talking about that most "waxes" even ostensibly carnauba have synthetic ingredients these days.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I guess it seems most people wait 12 hrs before applying just about anything other than a coating, seems to be a general rule of thumb👈

Maybe Drew can chime and let us know for sure on his product here?

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful Ride!! The Arbarth sounds like a Ferrari when at high RPM. But back to your review....excellent! I am a SON1C fan and can't wait for the Black Wax to come out. I will be putting that on my ride.

Again, excellent review.

There is one major problem though...I am jealous you are going to ride at the Tail of the Dragon!! That is on my Bucket list!

Enjoy the ride in your clean Arbarth!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Kam, I went 2 weeks ago and it was awesome. I'm setting up an AG run starting Jan 1st and it should be the 1st weekend in Oct of 2016, hope you and a couple others make it out!

I'm for sure adding a 2nd coat of this wax later today but I'm going to apply it to the entire car and then remove as I'm down in the garage today.

Post Thanks / Like

Hung this in my garage.

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast