autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Son1c Wax Phoenix Review

Hello all,
    I have successfully moved into college and can begin reviews again. I have only done Son1c wax reviews so far, just because Drew is a stand-up guy and I like to collect paste waxes. I have different product reviews, especially wheel and tire cleaners coming soon as well.

Background on the car, I did a full 25 hour detail on my personal car before leaving for college. Car was polished with my newly acquired Rupes 21 with Menzerna FG 400 and a Carpro Flash Pad, Menzerna FF 3000 and Rupes yellow polishing pad, and Menzerna SF 4000 with a Rupes White finishing pad.

Packaging:
    Classic, durable Son1c black jar. Comes with top and side labels. Drew also includes the production run and number for each pot of wax.

Scent/ Texture:
    The wax has a bright red color and a butter smooth texture. Medium consistency. Just a few swipes with an applicator and tons is melted into the pad. The scent is absolutely incredible--Red Starburst. This is hands down the best detailing product I have ever smelled in any category.

Application:
    I used a brand new Buff and Shine red UFO applicator. Application is a breeze. The wax spreads very easily and very far. The wax also does take some time to haze (anywhere from 5-15 minutes), but mine took a little longer due to humidity. Application was super simple and super quick.

The product hazing after just a few minutes:

Removal:
    I decided to use a thicker pile towel for removal. I went with the Microfiber Madness Crazy Pile, which is my new go to for wax and sealant removal. Sometimes a lower pile is needed, but generally this towel works great. Removal was incredibly easy, the easiest Son1c wax, or any wax for that matter, to remove. Very straight forward and one swipe of the towel and the wax was removed. The wax did leave a slight haze behind as you can see in the pictures, but this issue is alleviated if you use quick detail spray, which I always do anyway.

Results:
    Phoenix left my car in absolutely stunning condition. I did a full 25 hour detail on this before I left for college and the car has never looked better. This is a fantastic LSP and application and removal could not be easier. There is a slight haze in some pictures, but this was before I did my final wipedown with QD. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves...

My current collection of paste waxes

Durability:
    As with all Son1c waxes, durability is about a month and a half for vehicles outside 24/7. Since mine is garage kept, it will continue to be super hydrophobic after 3 months, which for a paste wax is mind blowing.

Thank you for viewing. Please let me know if you have any suggestions for my review format or any products I should try.
    2011 BMW 328i Sedan 6 speed auto
    1981 Datsun 280zx 5 speed manual

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Son1c Wax Phoenix Review

Nice pics! and Go Bears!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by m54daboll View Post
    Hello all,
    I have successfully moved into college and can begin reviews again. I have only done Son1c wax reviews so far, just because Drew is a stand-up guy and I like to collect paste waxes. I have different product reviews, especially wheel and tire cleaners coming soon as well.

Background on the car, I did a full 25 hour detail on my personal car before leaving for college. Car was polished with my newly acquired Rupes 21 with Menzerna FG 400 and a Carpro Flash Pad, Menzerna FF 3000 and Rupes yellow polishing pad, and Menzerna SF 4000 with a Rupes White finishing pad.

Packaging:
    Classic, durable Son1c black jar. Comes with top and side labels. Drew also includes the production run and number for each pot of wax.

Scent/ Texture:
    The wax has a bright red color and a butter smooth texture. Medium consistency. Just a few swipes with an applicator and tons is melted into the pad. The scent is absolutely incredible--Red Starburst. This is hands down the best detailing product I have ever smelled in any category.

Application:
    I used a brand new Buff and Shine red UFO applicator. Application is a breeze. The wax spreads very easily and very far. The wax also does take some time to haze (anywhere from 5-15 minutes), but mine took a little longer due to humidity. Application was super simple and super quick.

The product hazing after just a few minutes:

Removal:
    I decided to use a thicker pile towel for removal. I went with the Microfiber Madness Crazy Pile, which is my new go to for wax and sealant removal. Sometimes a lower pile is needed, but generally this towel works great. Removal was incredibly easy, the easiest Son1c wax, or any wax for that matter, to remove. Very straight forward and one swipe of the towel and the wax was removed. The wax did leave a slight haze behind as you can see in the pictures, but this issue is alleviated if you use quick detail spray, which I always do anyway.

Results:
    Phoenix left my car in absolutely stunning condition. I did a full 25 hour detail on this before I left for college and the car has never looked better. This is a fantastic LSP and application and removal could not be easier. There is a slight haze in some pictures, but this was before I did my final wipedown with QD. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves...

My current collection of paste waxes

Durability:
    As with all Son1c waxes, durability is about a month and a half for vehicles outside 24/7. Since mine is garage kept, it will continue to be super hydrophobic after 3 months, which for a paste wax is mind blowing.

Thank you for viewing. Please let me know if you have any suggestions for my review format or any products I should try.
    Hey Mike thanks for taking the time to compile this review! Excellent review and very extensive I love all of the pictures you took throughout the process.

Also this gloss. .

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the wax this much and maybe bring it to college to at the least smell in the dorm room

Looking forward to your future work

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

HAHAHA I need to buy a pot to keep here as an air freshener! The gloss was incredible and as always protection is too. The car has never looked better. Need to start detailing out here so I can get another car to wax

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent review! I too have used Phoenix and it is everything you say. I am actually going to do my summer ending facial on my ride and will be putting that on my ride.

Again, great review
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review! Thanks for posting! Car looks good!!!!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I like your thorough prep process, which no doubt really pays off in the final result. What did you use to clean the surface before applying the Phoenix? And did you apply one or two coats of Phoenix?

Nice job. It'd be great if you would report back as to how long this wax lasts when the car is garaged regularly.

Oh, and those Crazy Pile towels look very interesting. Gotta try some soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, nice!

I'm looking forward to getting my hands on Capped in America when AG starts selling it.
    '15 Mitsubishi Outlander GT

Post Thanks / Like

I like Phoenix a lot. Does take awhile to haze. A little hard to come off. But a spritz does the trick. Capped in America is Great. On like Dodo off like Pinnicle. One of the easiest waxes I have used. And a great shine.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Toonces View Post
    I like your thorough prep process, which no doubt really pays off in the final result. What did you use to clean the surface before applying the Phoenix? And did you apply one or two coats of Phoenix?

Nice job. It'd be great if you would report back as to how long this wax lasts when the car is garaged regularly.

Oh, and those Crazy Pile towels look very interesting. Gotta try some soon.
    Thanks so much! Yes the Microfiber Madness towels are incredible. My philosophy is that prep work is everything. I used Shine Supply Throwback (paint cleanser) before I applied it, but CarPro Eraser or even IPA would do the job just fine. I just applied 1 coat. I go back home for Thanksgiving, and there is no doubt in my mind that Pheonix will still be protecting the car like crazy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast