autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quick review of HD Express Quick Wax

I'm a big fan of HD Car Care products so I was pretty excited to try out their Express Quick Wax.

Long story short, sprinklers left my Miata with some nasty water spots that I needed to remove with CarPro Spotless. I wanted to follow up with some kind of protectant since Spotless is acid based. This car is going to a new home soon so I'd like it to look its best before it leaves.

Since I was going to be washing the car to get rid of the water spots, I decided to try out HD Wash. I liked this shampoo very much. Great smell, super slick, and plenty of suds that stick around in the bucket for the entire wash.

As you can see, no need to add additional shampoo halfway through the wash. I did use a foam gun though to make things a little more fun.

I used plenty of Spotless all around the car since there were water spots everywhere. One of my favorite CarPro products (next to Hydro2 and CQuartz of course).

After a final rinse down, I dried the car with a Master Blaster and got to applying the Express Quick Wax.

This product is not a traditional "wipe on walk away" spray wax. Its consistency is more like that of a glaze, and it leaves behind some decent protection, similar to HD Poxy. It has the ability to fill in light defects and really makes paint pop.

Although the directions say you can apply with a microfiber towel only, I found this method to be very messy and decided to use a foam applicator instead. The spray nozzle can splatter product everywhere if you decide to spray directly onto the paint. I chose to spray it on the applicator instead.

Product wipes on easy and hazes up quickly. Easy to wipe away. Pretty straight forward stuff. Treat it like a glaze and you're in business.

As you can see, after about 20 minutes of going around the car and applying product, the paint looked nice and glossy. Application was a breeze and the car looked beautiful. Very slick to the touch too.

This stuff gets my seal of approval. Not a bad product for 11 bucks.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Quick review of HD Express Quick Wax

Thanks for the great review. Always had trouble wiping this off.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review.

So this product is somewhere in between a spray wax and a liquid wax? You need to let it haze before wiping off?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Rose
    I am cursed for life because I can never look at beautiful paint without seeing the defects

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by davey g-force View Post
    Thanks for the review.

So this product is somewhere in between a spray wax and a liquid wax? You need to let it haze before wiping off?
    No you don't need to let it haze, but as the OP stated it spreads best with a foam applicator, but then just immediately buff off and you're good to go. First time I used it on my wife's black Golf I was amazed at the gloss level it produced.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review. Express is nice. I got a sample of it over on Autopia when 3D was sending out products for review. The little pump sprayer sprays a good amount to use it with a microfiber towel.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys! I wouldn't really call it a spray wax in terms of consistency. It's more like a glaze with a spray nozzle. It's thick in consistency, not watery.

Quote Originally Posted by ski2 View Post
    No you don't need to let it haze, but as the OP stated it spreads best with a foam applicator, but then just immediately buff off and you're good to go. First time I used it on my wife's black Golf I was amazed at the gloss level it produced.
    Correct, no need to let it haze but it seems to haze up regardless in between application and wiping (unless you're really quick )

Post Thanks / Like

It is exactly like a glaze with one important difference...it protects like an LSP!...so the glaze haters out there...you no longer have an excuse to avoid such a product. If ever a product was misunderstood because of its name...its this product. It really is exactly like a glaze with that gorgeous glaze look and filling ability...but can be a stand alone LSP.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

This stuff is pretty thick. Have you tried in on a hot day?

Post Thanks / Like

Put it on super thin one panel at a tine...remove immediately, then go into next panel if working in sun.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    It is exactly like a glaze with one important difference...it protects like an LSP!...so the glaze haters out there...you no longer have an excuse to avoid such a product. If ever a product was misunderstood because of its name...its this product. It really is exactly like a glaze with that gorgeous glaze look and filling ability...but can be a stand alone LSP.
    Oh yes, the name did get me at first. When I think quick wax, I think a watery liquid spray. I might test out its ability to hide light defects tomorrow evening. I'm curious as to what the durability of this stuff will be like as well.

Quote Originally Posted by d33p View Post
    This stuff is pretty thick. Have you tried in on a hot day?
    It was in the mid 80s late in the day when I applied it. Pretty warm but not mid day Texas heat kind of warm.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast